Yamaha 225 4 stroke on 21SE ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenZ

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 25SE with an '04 225 4 stroke. running fine and first run feels like the power is adequate - but more would certainly be helpful on the 25SE. I also have a 2000 21SE with original yamaha v6 2 cycle. Powers that boat very nicely but the engine showing its age.

Might be a crazy idea... but I found myself wondering if switching the 225 from the 25SE to the 21SE and then putting a 300hp on the 25SE might be plausible. I think it would be 25hp more than what Parker list for the 21SE - so, that may not be a good idea... but ... its only 25hp ... lol

Anyone running a 225 on 21SE ? I realize there would be a weight differential

Thanks!

I have seen a couple with 225hp, including two that repowered with the new Merc v6 225.

I had 225 Yamaha on my 2000 21se and after a few years repowered with a f200xb 4 banger and got the same top speed with slightly better fuel eco.
That was 100 lbs less with the new motor. The only change was more of the bow was in the water so I had to re paint the beard line.
You should be good .

Latest posts

Back