Yamaha F150 on 2120SC Water Under Cowling

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABRIG005

Reaction score
I have a 2120 SC and the Yamaha f150 gets water under the cowling everytimg I run her. Its in the same spot (starboard aft near the water/fuel line). I have no idea how this is happening and the dealer service personnel do not either. Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you fix it? I tried everything I can to figure out how the water is getting under there but could not determine. Thanks Anthony.

Anthony, I assume you checked the cowling gasket and that it is seated properly and the two latches snug it up.

At the top inside of the cowling there is a series of baffles that drain out any water that may enter the air intake down through two hoses. The problem is that on certain year engines the baffles were not sealed properly. Yamaha had a bulletin out on this. It 's an easy fix with silicon applied to where the intake baffle meets the cowling. Mine, 2005 , was covered by the warranty.
Hope this helps
Ray

Thanks Ray. Its an 09' and Yamaha said that was fixed. The gasket is easily removable though with the cover off. The clamps are tight. The dealer said he will get me a new cover and fix the gasket. Should the gasket come off that easily?

Anthony, that bulletin was 02006-004 Yes a small portion ( couple of inches ) of the gasket will lift off easily especially if you don't lift the cowling straight up.

Ray

Back