Yamaha F225 Maintenance Heads Up

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdgrbu

Reaction score
Just wanted to give a heads up on some maintenance items I ran across this year on my 2003 F225.

Lower Motor Mount Bolts - I remove the starboard cowl every year for oil changes. The starboard motor mount bolt can then be seen and looks perfect. This year, I enlisted the help of my dad to do some of the work, not really following my directions, he removed both port and starboard cowls. When I got a look at the port side, the port bolt head was extremely rusted. It was peeling back like a "blooming onion" at the Outback Steakhouse.

Engine Zincs and Grommets - Ive noticed some salt deposits spilling down onto my spark plugs. I decided to take a look at the engine zincs and when I removed them, I found that they didn’t look worn at all, but were completely encased in salt. The grommets that seal them in were torn apart. This was causing the leak onto my plugs.

If you havent checked these items, you might want to give em a look before you dunk her in this year.

I'll try and grab some pics this week.

Dom

Pics of engine anodes.

Attachments

• IMG_1308 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1308 (Medium).JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_1310 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1310 (Medium).JPG
    55 KB · Views: 230
Wow... good information for folks who have an F225!

After you get everything cleaned up and replaced, you might want to shoot everything with a protectant such as CRC or Woody Wax.

How do all of the electrical connections look? Any salt corrosion there?

Is this what your spark plug boots looked like?

Attachments

• Plug (Medium).jpg
    Plug (Medium).jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 185
No. The 2003 F225 has the ignition coil mounted on the block with wires going to the plugs. I believe your 2006 F250 has the ignition coil sitting directly on top of the plug. Which is what you posted.

Correct. But are those white specks in my picture the same thing you were seeing on yours?

No, mine didnt look similar. I actually had a salt pile on the base of the spark plug.

Back