My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have another question

Have you inspected your fuel tank for sediment and debris or had it cleaned?

I had both sending units out of the tanks again yesterday. I looked down in there. [Boat on the trailer]
There is a little dab of gas left. Neither tank pickup will pick it up. IE: The tank's are EMPTY.

Looks as clean as it could be, but again you can't really tell anything.

Your speed and gph burn @ 4200 is about what I see in my boat at cruise.

I've been running Suzuki 4 strokes so long.....I'm not use to the noise and how much a fuel hog these 2 strokes are.

Installed a paper towel rack the other day. Something that was desperately needed.

100_4662.jpg

I also raised the motor 2 holes.

100_4661.jpg

warthog5":2eyqpnf4 said:
Installed a paper towel rack the other day. Something that was desperately needed.

I have one of them in my cabin, and another under the port side washboard.
Comes in real handy when fishing. :wink:

warthog5":2eyqpnf4 said:
I also raised the motor 2 holes.

I will be real interested in hearing how that works for you.
I'm thinking of raising mine, but it has to be done on the hard before I launch her, so I have to know for certain if it will be worthwhile.
Once she is in the water and in my slip, I won't have an opportunity to change it. :(

We went on the water yesterday and could not get on plane. Motor would hit 4900 and then start dyeing off. Anyway I was able to get my mechanic to the water. It was determined that 2 of the 3 fuel pumps were going away. We replaced all 3. Now she comes alive. :)

I raised the motor 2 holes from being all the way down. I didn't get all my data numbers yet. But it brought the RPM up 100 to 150 RPM. It now holds 5500 and bounces on 5600. It does not blow out when turned hard over in a turn. The cavitation plate looks about right in the water too. Oh .... and this is with a Full load of fuel [150gal] and there were 5 people on the boat.

I still think it needs a prop change. This is a Big boat and needs a bigger wheel.

Ken @ Prop Gods is now calling for a

I'd go with a 15 pitch Quicksilver Thunderbolt. (same as a Mercury Mirage) its 15 3/4 diameter.

Your acceleration would be stronger, your cruise would improve, and you might actually be faster on top end.
Cost $370 from us.
We've ran it on the 25 Parkers before with good results.

Interesting... I have a 17p Mirage on mine.
Always thought a 16 might be better. I would be interested in your results with the 15.

Attachments

• Mirage1.jpg
    Mirage1.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 1,153
  • Mirage2.jpg
    Mirage2.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 1,153
Madri Gras Boat Parade. We represented pretty good. :)

BoatParade.jpg

My Lovely GF in the Hat and a few of her beautiful daughters. :) Did I mention that I Love redheads. :)

12141117-standard.jpg

12141118-standard.jpg

Yep We got Moon Pies at the famous "Flora-Bama".

That is where the party ended up and awards were given out. We didn't win anything, but that OK. :)

warthog5":8ao4k6r0 said:
Yep We got Moon Pies at the famous "Flora-Bama".

I was there last year. :)
Is the place still 'under construction'?

BTW - Love their 'bra display'. :D

It's pretty well finished. They actually have a non Smoking bar in one section. It has A/c and all.

My problem is "Can" beer and $3.25 a can. :(

For those that do not know. It is right on the beach and glass is not allowed on the beach.

Been playing more this week. No pix's but some things squared away.

One of the biggest is the fuel gauge. This thing kicked my BUTT for a while. Now I know my way around this stuff pretty good, But still had problems.

What it ended up being is the Garmin GFS 10 set to pick up from the fuel sending units to display on the "Garmin" fuel gauge on it's page was messing it up.

This will not make a lot of sense to some that don't have this stuff, but I set it for the "Garmin" gauge to display by the number of gal's in the tank.

So the Garmin show Full now and the real gauge shows full now.

This brings up another matter. Garmin offers a sender that hooks to Bennett tabs. I elected to no get that and go with the Bennett display. I think the Garmin display would be fine IF you had 2- 12in Head units to display any and everything, but it would just take up more important info otherwise.

I did remove the Parker stripes on the sides then I sanded the sides of the hull where the bottom paint was removed with 800gt. Then I Buffed it with Rubbing compound. Then Buffed with Polishing compound (3M Finesse it) Then I waxed it.

My arms are worn out.

My fuel millage SUCKS! It's hard to stomach the $$$$ we are dumping in the fuel tank.

138mi total and burnt 94gal. Never mind the Damn 2 stroke oil. :(

I made a 2% to the + side adjustment on fuel consumption. We had it figured to 1.6MPG average. It ended up being 1.46MPG. That's why I made the change.

Haven't tested yet. But I have what is known as a "Square" prop on it now. It's a Stainless 4 X 15 X 15 Powertech. It's borrowed for testing.

Square means the Dia & pitch are the same.

warthog5":38p4qo5c said:
I could do that, but honestly White never really photographs very well.

Guess you never saw Kevin's spring commissioning pics. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back