My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bobby... any plans to reconfigure the interior, or is the factory layout going to meet your needs as-is?

It will stay the same. Except maybe down the road with that seat pedestal on the Port side, as it will be in the way to make a bed there.

The 2530 has a LOT of room in it. I've had people tell me that it has more room overall than a 29 Century.

If you need a wine cellar in the future, you can put in another NASA hatch in the pilot house...

Attachments

• img_0260.jpeg
    img_0260.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 678
I have been contemplating that on mine. Maybe this winter if I get some other projects done.

Currently involved in a refit of most systems. :mrgreen:

I mentioned this before but it's worth repeating, the hatch in the ph is where I keep my valise liferaft and if the boat capsizes, that would be where the air pocket is going to be. I can stand on the ph ceiling with my head in the hatch to gather my bearings before swimming out.

Do you have any other pics of that install??

I have been contemplating that project for years.

With my Deep V hull it seems there is a ton of wasted space down there.

I know Brad V cut his floor an installed a fuel tank. I'd be interested in it for storage, maybe put the batteries under there and relocate my water tank.

I did this mod about 8 years ago so I forgot some of the details. I needed the hatch to be as big as possible so I can store the valise liferaft. If you don't need a hatch that big, don't cut too close the the door wall because there is a mounting block that is glassed in for thr drain (see pic.) I used a cheapo Black & Decker jigsaw and remember the cuts weren't so straight. But the rubber mat covered the blemishes and prevents slipping. The lip is 1" oak and is thru bolted 6" on center. Starboard would probably be better but the oak looks fine to date. I painted the unfinished glass with Interlux Brightside Poly in Hatteras offwhite. Originaly I made a false floor out of 3/4" plywood to cover the V to make a flat bottom. I covered the plywood in 2 coats of epoxy on all sides but after about 4 years the weight of the liferaft and humidity the floor started to "check" (before I knew what "checking" was.) I ended laying a new floor out of 1" x 6" PT wood. The floor is more solid now and looks like it will last 10 years. I glad I took these pics because I just noticed that the bilge pump wiring is starting to corrode (see pic.)

Attachments

• IMG_2.JPG
    IMG_2.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_1.JPG
    IMG_1.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_3.JPG
    IMG_3.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_4.JPG
    IMG_4.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 658
  • IMG_5.JPG
    IMG_5.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 658
  • IMG_6.JPG
    IMG_6.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 654
last pic

Attachments

• IMG_7.JPG
    IMG_7.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 639
LED's installed in overhead dome lights. Incandescent = 1.68amp draw. LED = .49amp draw.

100_4623.jpg

OLD = Yellow look

100_4620.jpg

New = Bright White

100_4619.jpg

Garmin 76 mount installed. This is a backup and I have 2 buddies that don't share numbers well. They just walk on with their Garmin 76Cx's and go to running the boat off their numbers in their handheld. I have a cord also to power them thru the house battery via a Gig. lighter plug.

100_4626.jpg

100_4627.jpg

100_4628.jpg

I like that mount for the Garmin handheld.
I have a Garmin 76cs and I need to do the same.
Where did you find that bracket?

Hey wart those are just new bulbs not new fixtures correct? If so where did you buy the bulbs from

I have an OEM fixture of the type Bobby posted.
Free to anyone who wants it.

I replaced mine with an LED unit.
Flip the switch one way, it's red.
Flip it the other way, it's white.

Yea I have those on the Mako.

I just didn't want to get into spending a bunch of money....Ha! :)

I have the new round LED light fixtures coming that accent the steps Port-Stb in the cockpit. Then I taged along with that power to have 24in LED's under the covering board. I'm putting one on the underside of the transom cap also. This will light all the mechanical s in the bilge.

warthog5":2swb74n9 said:

Yea I have those on the Mako.

I just didn't want to get into spending a bunch of money....Ha! :)

I have the new round LED light fixtures coming that accent the steps Port-Stb in the cockpit. Then I taged along with that power to have 24in LED's under the covering board. I'm putting one on the underside of the transom cap also. This will light all the mechanical s in the bilge.

I might have gotten the idea of the red/white overhead light from your X-Shark thread. :D

Back