1994 Parker 2320 extended cabin open back project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fannin":7msx86mc said:
mheltunen":7msx86mc said:
Does anyone know a gel coat color code for a 1994 vintage? I cannot get a response from Parker . I’ve contacted 2 dealers as well and they are saying they cannot ship it to me due to it being hazardous material. I’m starting to run out of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.cecilmarineonline.com/parker ... sic-white/

I think this may be it.

Thanks! I’ll give them a try

mheltunen":274cp7pf said:
As if I diddnt have enough loose ends I started removing the old (and “new”) caulking. This is a hateful job. Some quick googling revealed by mixing paint thinner and isopropyl alcohol then brushing it over the old caulk it would lose its bond. I gave it a try and it worked very well. A brass wire wheel in a cordless drill also helped remove some of the more stubborn areas.

Where is it? Any pics? 3M has chaulk remover solution. Need to check if safe on fiberglass

Brent":2cnyrxwn said:
mheltunen":2cnyrxwn said:
As if I diddnt have enough loose ends I started removing the old (and “new”) caulking. This is a hateful job. Some quick googling revealed by mixing paint thinner and isopropyl alcohol then brushing it over the old caulk it would lose its bond. I gave it a try and it worked very well. A brass wire wheel in a cordless drill also helped remove some of the more stubborn areas.

Where is it? Any pics? 3M has chaulk remover solution. Need to check if safe on fiberglass

I’ll try to take some pics this week. Life’s been busy and I’ve truthfully accomplished very little lately other than ordering parts. New gas vent and table bases have arrived. I expect new hydraulic steering hoses this week. I have resin and glass ordered and arriving soon as well as gelcoat ordered from Cecil. I will be ordering gel coat for the roof soon but won’t be using genuine Parker material on that. Instead I hope an off white will be good enough for the roof.

Try emailing Eric Denton at Parker. <[email protected]>. When I had questions he emailed me back pretty quick. I don't think they keep very good history records on their builds.

MDP":jbsbv5n5 said:
Try emailing Eric Denton at Parker. <[email protected]>. When I had questions he emailed me back pretty quick. I don't think they keep very good history records on their builds.

I did send Eric an email but have had no reply.

I purchased a Holley 12v fuel pump today and 10’ of fuel line. My plan is to use this to pump the old fuel out of the tank. I have alligator clips and wire for the battery connections and intend to mount the pump on a piece of plywood or some type of solid surface. My plan is to pump most of the fuel out of the pickup tube then I’ll pull the fuel sending unit cover off and suck the rest out of there. For the last step I was plan on raising the tongue of the trailer as high as possible as well as jacking up one side of the trailer with a floor jack in an attempt to get the remaining fuel to collect in a back corner. Anyone else had to do this procedure before?

mheltunen":2h1f1234 said:
I purchased a Holley 12v fuel pump today and 10’ of fuel line. My plan is to use this to pump the old fuel out of the tank. I have alligator clips and wire for the battery connections and intend to mount the pump on a piece of plywood or some type of solid surface. My plan is to pump most of the fuel out of the pickup tube then I’ll pull the fuel sending unit cover off and suck the rest out of there. For the last step I was plan on raising the tongue of the trailer as high as possible as well as jacking up one side of the trailer with a floor jack in an attempt to get the remaining fuel to collect in a back corner. Anyone else had to do this procedure before?

Nope I used several hand pumps when we lost a boat after a hurricane. They all leaked and only had 4 five gallon containers. I didn't want to use the gas and hauled it to county free haz mat facility. It was hot and humid in SW. Florida in early August 2008. It took 2 days to remove 80 gal. Remove gas outside and have water hose and fire extinguisher close by. You might pull the fuel pickup tubes, inspect and replace if. needed. Most likely inline antisiphon valve or ASV. This is a safety item and can clog with debris. Your call on removal. I removed mine. Spring n ball was clran .I saved it. You might inspect fuel sender unit. Mine was fine n still works. Warthog replaced with WEMA unit. I wish I measured the tank depth when replacing tubes and made them longer to increase usable fuel capacity. If that make sense. Fuel goes to 2 micron Racor fuel filter with clear inspection bowl to check for debris and water. . I would like re gelciat cockpit deck and considering finding someone to inspect the tank with a camera . My deck plates have been replaced and found no rot and no gas odor in the area or bilge but the clock is ticking and feel the visual scoping is better than pressure. I don't know.

B2

Brent":2o9pe97n said:
mheltunen":2o9pe97n said:

Nope I used several hand pumps when we lost a boat after a hurricane. They all leaked and only had 4 five gallon containers. I didn't want to use the gas and hauled it to county free haz mat facility. It was hot and humid in SW. Florida in early August 2008. It took 2 days to remove 80 gal. Remove gas outside and have water hose and fire extinguisher close by. You might pull the fuel pickup tubes, inspect and replace if. needed. Most likely inline antisiphon valve or ASV. This is a safety item and can clog with debris. Your call on removal. I removed mine. Spring n ball was clran .I saved it. You might inspect fuel sender unit. Mine was fine n still works. Warthog replaced with WEMA unit. I wish I measured the tank depth when replacing tubes and made them longer to increase usable fuel capacity. If that make sense. Fuel goes to 2 micron Racor fuel filter with clear inspection bowl to check for debris and water. . I would like re gelciat cockpit deck and considering finding someone to inspect the tank with a camera . My deck plates have been replaced and found no rot and no gas odor in the area or bilge but the clock is ticking and feel the visual scoping is better than pressure. I don't know.

B2
Inspect wires to fuel sender. May need replacing. Check if wired together.

B2

Brent":14t9oute said:
Brent":14t9oute said:
mheltunen":14t9oute said:

B2
Inspect wires to fuel sender. May need replacing. Check if wired together.

B2
See https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/u ... docId=1105. Purchase a large container of electrical dielectric grease sometime

B2

Judging by the corrosion I observed I agree that new wires may be in order. My next phase of the project once the fiberglass and gelcoat work is “done” is to rewire quite a bit of the boat. I don’t plan on tackling it all this season but I’d like to get started at least. On one wire I saw 5 butt connectors. I’m intending to keep this vessel for many years so some attention to detail now may save me headaches down the road. Due to the fact it’s a saltwater vessel I did anticipate more corrosion than my previous vessels. She should have an easy life from here on out

mheltunen":3g38lcjx said:
Judging by the corrosion I observed I agree that new wires may be in order. My next phase of the project once the fiberglass and gelcoat work is “done” is to rewire quite a bit of the boat. I don’t plan on tackling it all this season but I’d like to get started at least. On one wire I saw 5 butt connectors. I’m intending to keep this vessel for many years so some attention to detail now may save me headaches down the road. Due to the fact it’s a saltwater vessel I did anticipate more corrosion than my previous vessels. She should have an easy life from here on out

Look at Warthog postings on electrical work. Does it better than factory.

B2

Brent":izpo89f0 said:
mheltunen":izpo89f0 said:

Look at Warthog postings on electrical work. Does it better than factory.

B2
Maybe the transfer pump should have a ground wire on metal body or on fittings.

B2

Re caulked the bracket
a4937b9f21cea698fab888d5aa459dfd.jpg

Removed and re bedded the rear hooks (not sure of the technical name for them)
20b70e27fba2f6af47e2116d29aac777.jpg

Some progress on my caulking removal
5047a97c9caba8e45a70f9051711e430.jpg

Started laying out my roof patch
81b62b233b0d95972768f637c2c42e0f.jpg

Not sure of the correct term for the “panels or caps” that are mounted on the side gunnels. I’m debating on removing them and repairing the ends where the mounting screws are located .
4507cb3779b1c2bb1e5370442c5a3119.jpg
bfb66c1de937b96a2ee4e056f477d0f3.jpg

Brent":3ao0xkoz said:
mheltunen":3ao0xkoz said:
Re caulked the bracket
a4937b9f21cea698fab888d5aa459dfd.jpg

Removed and re bedded the rear hooks (not sure of the technical name for them)
20b70e27fba2f6af47e2116d29aac777.jpg

Some progress on my caulking removal
5047a97c9caba8e45a70f9051711e430.jpg

Started laying out my roof patch
81b62b233b0d95972768f637c2c42e0f.jpg

Wow. Making progress. Which chaulk are you using?

B2
I don't know how the side panels sre attached.

B2

Back