21' Parker Rehab

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bait tank is completely installed with backrest and rod holders. Connections made for the 1.5" overflow, bait pump, drain, and washdown pump. T top bonded with 5200 and screwed into place. I have multiple electronics to mount along with antennas. Will be doing some motor swapping after July 4 if the deal works out.

Attachments

• DSC_0007_640x425.jpg
    DSC_0007_640x425.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,122
  • DSC_0008_640x425.jpg
    DSC_0008_640x425.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,122
  • DSC_0009_640x425.jpg
    DSC_0009_640x425.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,122
Very nice rehab!
When you re-power, will you be sticking with a Merc, or will you be switching teams? :)

I really am partial to E Tec's but right now I am hoping for a break on an 05 Merc 200 that has a blown powerhead but only 150hrs on the engine. It is very clean and the mid section and lower unit are a 9 out of 10. I am planning on putting the powerhead off the 1993 200 on it and seeing if I can get it running good. Sadly with the other boats I have it is difficult to justify buying a new engine without selling something.

Here is the 2005 Mercury I have bought. My local shop will begin the powerhead swap after July 4. I am hoping for a hitch free swap.

Attachments

• 2005 Merc Resize.jpg
    2005 Merc Resize.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 1,078
if you dont mind me asking what kind of cost was involved for replacing the floor/stringers, not counting labor of course and the livewell and console.

Floor and stringers about $1400 using polyester resin. Bait tank with backrest and cushions about $800. I added a washdown pump, battery switch, and new bait pump with through-hull and all plumbing for about $400. The additional console electronics box was $500. You could do this a little cheaper but I took the opportunity to add all I wanted.

I will drop it off Monday...I could have carried it over yesterday, but I wanted to finish my electronics install and a new fuel tank sending unit. I also have a set of Bennett tabs to install if I have time Sunday afternoon. Who knows maybe this time next week this boat will be catching its first fish.

No, still sitting at Greenville Marine waiting for the engine swap...I was hoping it would be ready so I could haul to the beach tis weekend, but if not we will fish on the skiff. I really enjoy the Jones Brother's Bateau, it is a great skiff

4 weeks at Greenville Marine with no activity...I am not real happy, but hate to move it to another shop and be put at the back of their que. Looks like my upcoming beach time will be in the skiff. Hopefully it will be ready before the drum bite is over.

Talked with my mechanic today. He tells me he is still 3 weeks out. I am going to pick up the boat tomorrow and bring it home to install trim tabs and recondition the hull. By the time I get this done he should be ready for me...I feel like I wasted 4 wks, but at least he was straight up with me. I should have been talking to him all along instead of the guy who schedules.

Wet sanded the hull yesterday evening with 800 grit and it is amazing how the color has come back. With the high speed buffer will start with 1000 grit Aqua Buff then 2000 grit Aqua Buff and finish with Scotchguard Liguid Marine wax. Should take a few days, but that will be next week. Tonight I get to go to the beach for a long weekend and put a dent in the flounder and drum.

Had a day home today and decided to work on the hull finish instead of cutting the grass. Amazing how the right tools, elbow grease, and 5-6 hrs with clouds and reasonably cool weather make this job easier.

Here are the steps to get to this point
1. Removed old decals and numbers with a razor blade and cleaned all the old adhesive off with acetone.
2. Wet sand the entire hull with 800 grit wet dry sandpaper
3. Wash off all the residue
4. With high speed buffer/grinder and lambs wool head applied Aqua Buff 1000.
5. Rinse off the hull
6. With high speed buffer/grinder and clean lambs wool head applied Aqua Buff 2000.
7. Rinse off the hull
8. With high speed buffer/grinder and clean lambs wool head applied 3M Finishing compound.
9. With high speed buffer/grinder and clean lambs wool head buff off the finishing compound.
10. With 6" orbital buffer polisher and a terry cloth head applied coat of Marine Polish.
11. Allow to dry to a haze and buffed off with a 10" orbital buffer and terry cloth head.
12. With high speed buffer/grinder and clean 10" lambs wool head buff to a shine.
13. Reapplied the decals using the wet method.

Attachments

• DSC_0126_640x425.jpg
    DSC_0126_640x425.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,476
  • DSC_0127_640x425.jpg
    DSC_0127_640x425.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,476
  • DSC_0128_640x425.jpg
    DSC_0128_640x425.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,476
Back