CT/NY Rendezvous

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PJ is good with me but if anyone has another idea on a spot, throw it out there. It should be sheltered and as centrally located as possible for the majority of boaters . Block is a great place but quite a haul for a short get together. For those that didn't make it last year, you missed a great time. Don't miss this one.

Block is a great place but quite a haul for a short get together.

Agreed.

The location in my opinion should be central Long Island Sound, CT or NY side. Somewhat sheltered to facilitate rafting.

pmeggers":33vtdsy0 said:
but Block is where the parties at haha....alright alright too far

We can do a separate BI run, I usually go out there for a week in August to "spend time on the island" and tuna fish. Gotta love the 10 mile run to the mudhole.

im there every august for 2 weeks....new job this summer so we'll see what i can work out

we do several weekend trips where we take out the searay for sleeping purposes and the parker for fishing purposes GREAT TIMEs, i cannot get enough of that island

Not sure the definite dates...I'm out there in Aug a couple extended periods, and obviously for the Tri-State Canyon Shootout.

I probably make it out there 4-6 times throughout june july august

Megabyte":2bysyg9j said:
Bryan 2530":2bysyg9j said:
HM5":2bysyg9j said:
FYI, there is going to be a new harbormaster on BI 8)

Is that good or bad??

If the new Harbormaster is Matthew, that would be a good thing. 8)

No not my deal, got too much doin' on the mainland :?
New HM not announced yet, but change should be good.
Something about making anchorage and moorings availabe on a fair and equitable basis :oops:

Hey folks,

It's that time again. Let's finalize some plans for this year's get together. Let's start with dates. last 2 weeks in July, 1st 2 weeks in August should give us some options.
Block is out for a day trip CT/NY rendezvous...just too far. But that might be a great idea for a RI party.
Some thoughts for harbors could be PJ, like last year, Northport harbor, Oyster Bay, Stamford, Norwalk, Bridgeport. All of these ports have areas to raft up but if we're looking for a party area, it's hard to beat PJ. Oyster Bay might be an option but there's a lot of 5mph to get into the harbor.

Looking forward to it.

Scott

How about the same day as Megabyte's?

The fifth annual ClassicParker Annapolis Rendezvous date has been set!

Saturday August 14th 2010 is the day, from 1100 until ?... so, mark your calendars and pray for light winds and fair weather... again!

Maybe we can do real time posts from the sand pit. LOL 8)

Back