My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warthog5":2cl4lwwc said:
100_4119.jpg

I have one of those.
Used it on my rod holder project. :D

Attachments

• DSCN0009.jpg
    DSCN0009.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 1,246
For a 17year-old transom, the wood looks pretty darn good. Maybe you can fill in the square with a tapered V like on my 2320--it flushes pretty good.

Attachments

• 100_4115.jpg
    100_4115.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,243
  • f.JPG
    f.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,244
That would be real easy to do on your boat. Not so easy laying on your belly and a grinder right in your face to prep the area thru the hatch.

Getting rid of the plastic thruhulls. 316 series stainless is the replacements.

Got these thru a Ebay dealer http://www.ReplacementBoatParts.com They sent the stuff in a timely manner, but included some nice notes in the box. Made you actually think that they really did appreciate your business.

http://www.replacementboatparts.com/sta ... ppers.aspx

100_4127.jpg

100_4126.jpg

I always throw the fittings or X-ducer in the hole and draw a circle around it with a pencil. Then with 3M Fineline tape [Blue]
I tape just barely outside that line. This ends in a clean sealer line and easy clean up.

100_4128.jpg

100_4129.jpg

That was one of the first projects I did after buying my boat. Only difference was I used chrome plated bronze.
That is also when I added my second bilge pump.
I posted that project to CM. That would have been about spring of 2004 (before CP was born). :)

Yea.....I did the Chrome over Bronze on the Mako....Never again. It still tarnishes. Several years ago I know Steiger switched also due to comebacks.

warthog5":15dvjw10 said:
Yea.....I did the Chrome over Bronze on the Mako....Never again. It still tarnishes.

Yep. That chrome didn't last long. :)

Had the guys over doing a full service to this motor. This way we'll have a baseline on it.

100_4133-1.jpg

100_4134-1.jpg

2 of the things that happened that were weird is the head of this bolt sheered off..Looked like crevice corrosion.

100_4131-1.jpg

It came out with vise grips. Whew!

Then there was this tube/ pipe / tool? that was down in the foot rolling around. It had been in there for a long time. Looking at the pix it was in the part where 7:00 would be.

100_4138.jpg

No one knew what it really was.

100_4136-1.jpg

100_4137-1.jpg

Had to grind the housing a little to make clearance to get it out.

Isn't that part of the water pickup tube??? Looks a little large for that though.

Another question. Do you have access to the back of the forward thru hull fitting?? Or did you have to cut it??

Yea curious about Bryan's questions as well, I need to change all my fittings this fall / spring, and I have one that is just about at the waterline mid ship that drains the in deck hatch, Im still trying to figure out how I am going to get to it, the only chance I have is the access hatch in the back of the pilot house that allows me access down the side of the hull im gonna have to hire a little kid to get in there.

Bryan 2530":2crnnvgl said:
Isn't that part of the water pickup tube??? Looks a little large for that though.

Another question. Do you have access to the back of the forward thru hull fitting?? Or did you have to cut it??

I was going suggest the same thing about the water pick up tube. I know yamaha uses some kind of copper piping for that. I think he would have overheated the motor though if that big of a section was missing. Unless its part of an old tube that was replaced...

Wish I could help you on the through-hull question but my 2530 doesn't have one there.

Keep up the good work. Boat looks like a lot of fun.

On Mine under cushion on the STB side in the Cuddy has a 6in Piehole. This gave EASY access to it.

The guys I had here working on it were baffled. They had never seen a tube like that. They worked at a former boat repair shop that recently shut down. They have gone independent now. That place shut down due to a partner screwing over the other partner. The guys I had here had nothing to do with that and they have a pretty good reputation.

Can you give me some info on how this seat is mounted??

Is it removable? Can you still convert the dinette to a bed when its out?

What does the mounting look like inside??

Thanks, any info will help, been thinking of doing this for a few years now.

Attachments

• seat.JPG
    seat.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 1,223
Got something New to us yesterday. Made a 175mi run to buy it.

EZ Loader Triaxle GVWR - 14,400lbs ...... Capacity - 12,000lbs ..... Each axle is 4800lbs

It needs some work. Ordered all the stuff to rewire it this morning. About $190 there.

It will need brakes on it....They have been disconnected. All 3 axles had disc's.

100_4283.jpg

100_4296.jpg

100_4281.jpg

100_4282.jpg

Back