My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warthog5":1wrdavqp said:
No you can't put the cushion on it, as the pipe sticks up.

Thanks for that!!

I've been thinking of using something like this so the seat can be removed and bunk still use. Don't like the price though. :?

http://www.boatersland.com/tod6900.html

tod6900.jpg

A couple of pix's from today. Understand that non of this wiring is complete and or tidyed up. There is a LOT more to ad.

Started this morning by grinding and sanding the excess Epoxy/Cabisol where I installed the scupper tubes.

Then the New Scupper flappers were installed.

Then I found a singe screw that was missing that goes on the motor and installed that. It was for a plastic cover, so no Big deal if it was missing.

Then I finished building a 6ga cable that goes from the Ground Buss to the Ground on the fuse panel.

Then I installed the Rule horn that sounds for a High Water alarm.

Then I ran a wire from the helm to the Buss bar for that horn.

Then I worked on installing the oil tank mount. It was not simple. Had to do some fabbing out of Starboard. Drill and chamfer the Stainless and install the new fill hose. Writing it was simple....Doing it was another matter.

Angie and her girls spent the night last night and helped some.

100_4306.jpg

100_4307.jpg

Gage on far right is a Rule High Water alarm. It's designed to fit in a 2in gage hole.

100_4309.jpg

Jack likes it when the girls stay over, he keeps'em company. :)

100_4305.jpg

Looking good!!

Love checking this thread, have the feeling this boat is going to become the X-shark on steroids!! :D :D :D

Now I can do some more cutting on this boat. :mrgreen:

I ordered this watertite hatch as a replacement to get rid of the original and also to be able to service the batteries easier.

It came from Hamilton Marine.
http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse. ... 26772.html

Also ordered the T wrench for it.
http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse. ... 26762.html

This is the quick release model and is more expensive, but if you had to get in there in a hurry for a emergency....That is what you would want. I have had to get into a bilge in a emergency in the past.

100_4315.jpg

100_4316.jpg

100_4317.jpg

100_4318.jpg

I would love one of those hatches for my boat.
Looking forward to the post where you install it.

Now that's my type of bling. I considered getting it but it was too pricey for my wallet. My battery is on the port compartment above deck so access to the seacock is the only emergency action required in the bilge. I ended up fabbing an extension out of a spare alum tripod leg. It slips over the seacock handle and the handle is long enough to reach from the port compartment.

Attachments

• IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,115
100_4319.jpg

Old Hatch Removed.

100_4320.jpg

Lay out the lines.

100_4321.jpg

Put the saw to it.

100_4322.jpg

Test fit the Frame and mark the screw holes.

100_4323.jpg

Drill all the holes to 5/8in with a Fostner bit. This creates a Flat bottom hole.

100_4324.jpg

Holes will be backfilled with Epoxy/Cabisol, then redrilled and the frame beded.

100_4325.jpg

Bobby... Can you drill straight holes with that bit by hand, or do you need to use a brace of some sort?

You can drill them straight enough. You sneak up on the layer of fiberglass and don't go thru it. You still may need a piece of tape to cover the hole on the bottom side that the spur will make.

Now we got a hatch that is easy to work in. Lot's of stuff going in there. Those 2 batteries were temp units. The new ones are sitting on the deck.

That hatch is beautiful. I sooooo much appreciate all the info you guys share. Now I can envision what were talking about earlier about mounting screws in epoxy. Thanks!!!
Dave

Bare Plywood edge is coated with epoxy, as well as the holes. Then Epoxy/Cabisol was poured into the holes.

100_4326.jpg

That is a very nice upgrade.

I thought of it but decided not to drop the coin till the original one started looking ratty.

FYI, my batteries are in the back hatches from the factory. I wonder why??

Back