My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of the things I take the time to add on a wiring job. This is a terminal board that all the connections are made for the pumps. In this case ....The 1500 Bilge pump and the 2000 backup Bilge pump.

bilgewiring.jpg

All the connections are made here. This makes it easy to diagnose a problem in the future and also easier to do a replacement part. With the normal way I see them, there is no way to test a component unless you stab thru the insulation or cut the piece out of the system and check it.

A J
B K -------- All Grounds
C L
D
________
E = Fused Power from Start Batt for 2000GPH pump M= Wire from Float switch
F = Power wire to High Water Alarm [at Helm] N= Wire from float switch
G = Power from Switch panel @ Helm to 2000GPH pump [Manual switch] O=Hot lead to bilge pump2000
H = Fused power from House Batt for 1500GPH pump P= wire from float switch
Q= wire from float switch
I = Power from Switch panel @ Helm to 1500GPH pump [Manual switch] R=Hot lead to bilge pump 1500

The light Blue lines show where jumpers were installed.

A pix after the wiring was straightened up.

100_4420.jpg

Cool display on the Garmin 4212 with GFS 10 Fuel sensor installed.

100_4410.jpg

Nice handiwork.

I sometimes fish on a 2520 that has a similar Garmin plotter mounted in that location. I don't know if it has the latest software update or what, but you cannot dim it far enough down at night to maintain good night vision. We have to put a towel over it to see well outside the boat. I am pretty sure Garmin has updated the software to correct this issue.

I haven't got that far with it yet, but the latest software is 7.4 .....So pay attention the next time he turns it on.

This one had software 2.2 in it......6yrs of updates at one time. The PO didn't have a clue.

Some New stuff.

This is the Magma 31in Cutting board. I bought it for a multi use table. Cut bait, set drink's, Food and to set the grill on.

There is a problem however. It shakes around to much for me. This is all due to the size of the slots for the Gimbal pin and the pin itself. I really want to install some more rod holders. Waiting on Robin to get back to me on the brand that was originally used, so they match. This would include one in the dead center of the transom and that is where I want this to go. The Parker Gimbal pins measure .200. a 1/4in pin or .250 would be better, but would still have a little slack in it. The slots actual measurement is .275

100_4453.jpg

100_4455.jpg

100_4456.jpg

That's where I put mine, right up front (rear?) and centered on the stern.

I just used generic HD SS rod holders, as none of the 11 of mine in the washboards (4 along each side, 3 across the poop deck) are marked Parker ...

I installed mine with some alum channels that ride on the teak handles and starboard legs that slide under the cleat you can barely see on the right side of the pic. It is rock solid and worked great this past season. The height is close to the same as a table so I can sit on a chair or cooler to do the filleting instead of straining my back standing and stooping. The board stores flush to the side in the cockpit under the gunnels. I hated the gimble mounts—wobbly and pain in the ass to store.

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 741
From what Ive herd they are no longer making the rod holders with the Parker stamp on them anymore. I am sure she will be able to tell you who made them however.

I put my bait table in the center between the two hatches on the transom. I don't like it taking up fishing space along the gunwales.

I put mine here.

And it looks like your 2530 doesn't have the "Parker" ones, at least they look different than mine.

And to stop the rocking, grind a little V in the slots that line up with the gimble pin.

file.php

HPIM1199.jpg

Bryan 2530":23ymgt20 said:
... to stop the rocking, grind a little V in the slots that line up with the gimble pin.
A few spaced dollops of silicone on the tube, no more than 1/2" from the top, works really well to stop any movement too!

Yes I will have it centered in the transom cap.

Mine don't have "Parker" engraved on them. In fact I don't want those anyway. I would just like some 316 stainless units that have the same shape. But I want them in 15deg. We don't troll.....We Deep Drop and these would be pointed straight out on each side and one for the center of the transom cap.

100_4459.jpg

100_4458.jpg

If you look just forward of the base of mine, I installed that little rod holder to bring the board up higher for filleting.

It's OK, not impressed with the way the gimbal pin is poorly welded in.

Yea I got the same one as well. Wanted that one so it didn't hang down to far inside the hatch in the stern. The weld is a little shitty but Ive been keeping my bait board in it for 2 years now and it has held up fine.

you can kind of see mine in the pic below

Attachments

• tog 2-2-11.JPG
    tog 2-2-11.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 722
For me, the best setup for a cutting board is the underside of the port transom lid. When it is time to run and gun, I raise the lid vertical and scrape the remaining bait into the bait buckets that are in the transom. I then close the lid to keep the bait in the buckets cool and out of the sun. On a 23ft boat I try to make sure everything aboard has at least a dual purpose. I couldn't justify taking up space with a single use cutting board.

While I never intend to sell my boat, the cut marks on the underside of the lid can easily be removed with a belt sander and made to look new. This setup works for me..........YMMV.

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 698
Maiden Voyage today.

100_4462.jpg

Looks like the motor needs to be raised, but not until after the trim tabs go on and test again.

4600RPM gave 29MPH.... Best fuel burn seen so far was 2.0MPG, but not at that speed.

Click the pix to see the vid.

Congrats Bobby! But you hit the water TOO SOON ... as those up here in the North (who's boats are already wrapped up for Old Man Winter) ... were looking forward to your refurb posts to get US through the Winter, haha!!!!!

Ya.....I was thinking.......Poor saps up North are done for the year and I'm just getting started. :)

The true pilothouse is going to open a LOT more water time.

The plan for this week is Trim tabs install now that the trailers have been swapped and the bunks don't extend past the transom.

I still need to do some more trailer adjusting.

Wed. I should receive the VHF and Fusion radio's.

Back