My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more items mounted.

Garmin 200 VHF
100_4503.jpg

100_4504.jpg

100 watt Poly Planer's

100_4505.jpg

100_4506.jpg

I hated to do this, but due to the thickness of the glass and no core I had to thru bolt them and have exposed fasteners. They have stainless roofing washers on them with the rubber gasket that expands around the fastener and seals the hole.

100_4507.jpg

warthog5":19h4cx37 said:
I hated to do this, but due to the thickness of the glass and no core I had to thru bolt them and have exposed fasteners. They have stainless roofing washers on them with the rubber gasket that expands around the fastener and seals the hole.

Come on Wart!! use the existing fastener for the grab rail and make up a starboard mount for the speakers.

At least that is what I have been planning to do to mine for the last 6 years, never seem to get to it though. :roll:

I don't like where the previous owner put the same speakers on my 2530.

I notice you also don't have wire chases in the corners??

The grab rail idea is actually a great idea, you are gonna make him kick himself for putting holes in the side of the boat!

Come on Wart!! use the existing fastener for the grab rail and make up a starboard mount for the speakers.

Yep....About $50 worth of Starboard to do that. If I had it here or some Mahogany I would have done that.

Yes chase is on the Back wall.

To late now...I was really concerned about them being solid and not coming loose in some rough water. They have some weight to them. If fact....I'm not real crazy about the plastic brackets. But at least they will not rust.

Yes, your chase is the half round fiber glassed to the hull, mine has a removable panel made of plywood covered in rug.

The new Parkers have a molded plastic piece.

I guess that is the evolution of the brand.

The speakers look good, you are motivating me to get the projects done on my boat I have been contemplating.

Well Good. :D

New antenna. Blue Seas Cable Clam. I hate those stainless clam sheels full of sealer and the hole drilled to small.

100_4509.jpg

Yea you are really going to town on that girl, great thread!!

You are getting me motivated as well to get some winter projects done and pass the time up here in frigid CT!

It's Overcast and 68degs here. I'm waiting on more stuff so I can finish the wiring wrap up from the bilge working my way forward.

Duplex plugs for 12V.....

miky2884":3iy47ie4 said:
The grab rail idea is actually a great idea, you are gonna make him kick himself for putting holes in the side of the boat!

Take an evening and read the X-Shark build threads over on ClassicMako.com
This is a guy that will drill a hole, and if he doesn't like it, will repair said hole... and you'd never even know it was there.

Me... I think twice before drilling because my repair skills aren't quite that developed (yet). :D

Megabyte":2p2oo56i said:
Take an evening and read the X-Shark build threads over on ClassicMako.com
This is a guy that will drill a hole, and if he doesn't like it, will repair said hole... and you'd never even know it was there.

Yep, I remember watching the X Shark coming together and getting excited every time the thread was bumped up.

How long has it been Wart?? LOL Amazing how we can have friends online now for years, and most of us never met in real life.

Ahh, the good old days. :mrgreen:

http://www.classicmako.com/projects/xshark/bw1.htm

The subject of antennas has come up in the past.

I've always used Digital 529-VB [That's the Black ones] cause I like Black.

I've never had a problem and the neat little special end that Digital uses makes for fast easy installs.

But with that said I've never put the ART2 meter to them. Well I decided to put the meter to this one.

With the full length cable and Digital's end on it

Power = 20watts

VSWR = 1

Cable cut and Shakespeare Gold PL259 soldered to it. Cable aprox 1.5ft long

Power = 24watts

VWSR = 1.7

Picking up 4 watts just by shortening the cable is like found money.

Power loss in VHF cable is 2-3 over a 50' span , so I'd say the gold-plated connector attributed more to the increase in usable power. As a general rule, VHF cable should ever be cut less than 3' due to impedence issues.

Yea I've read that, but what would I do with that Ugly cable hanging there? The Digital ends are Gold Plated too.

Back