SouthWest Florida Parker Owners Group Rendevouz

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the Tampa area and would be interested in a rendezvous. I have been wanting to make a trip (by boat) to Lake Okeechobee or the keys, but I'd be open to any good destination.

Fanstastic! Well, interestingly enough the Keys seem to be a favorite. I'll keep a track of all the respondents and see about putting something together after the holidays. Feb or March in the keys is nice.

With enough notice and Islamorada, I'd take time off and come up.

Feb=Sails
March=depends on Temp

Lets see... If I average a speed of 20 kts and run 10 hour days, I could probably be there in about 7 days. :D

Of course, at an average of 13 gph, that's over 900 gallons of fuel.
At $3.00/gal, that's almost $3000, not including oil. :shock:

I'd like to make that trip someday, with a stop in Beaufort to tour the factory.
Wouldn't that be a cool adventure... :wink:

Run the ICW down to Charleston, and then run the outside from there south.
(weather permitting, of course)

Y-Tail can be had year round, on the reef or a deeper wreck you can get some flags. I like to use them for grouper bait.

Capt. Kev, you should come down.

I would love to fish the keys but that would go over like a fart in an elevator. I have 3 young kids at home. It takes me a year to set up my CBBT and DE Bay trip. :oops:

B-Faithful":svebyvlp said:
I would love to fish the keys but that would go over like a fart in an elevator. I have 3 young kids at home. It takes me a year to set up my CBBT and DE Bay trip. :oops:

You mean a fart in a pilothouse? :lol: :lol: :lol:

gw204":1rxqx52a said:
B-Faithful":1rxqx52a said:

You mean a fart in a pilothouse? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gag... Dont remind me. I am just getting over the nightmare from CBBT

At a charity auction a year back, I bid and won a one week stay, on a 4 bdr, 3 bath unit, with a dock, on Big Pine Key. Haven't used it yet and have been looking for the perfect opportunity. I suspect, with sofas and a few rental cots, we could sleep quite a few guys. Also, since I have it for the week, some guys could come in early in the week and others later in the week. Trying to talk the wife into letting me use it for a "boys' fishing trip. :D

Let's see how it goes..

What month, after the December holidays, would be the best time to go?

If your wife is anything like mine, that negotiation would likely involve the purchase of a small bauble or two. Good luck with that.

If this thing transpires, sleeping on the boat would be an option for me. PHs are great campers.

jim

:D :D :D DONE. :D :D :D Looks like a boys fishing trip :!:

I've got room for 5-6 guys total. 4 bedrooms and someone's sleeping on the couches. 2 slots already taken for me and a buddy.

First Come, First Serve. Free Room and Board in Big Pine Key, FL. Open to CP'ers, for the First Southwest Regional Rendevouz.

I'll supply the house, You guys gotta supply your own food and alcoholic refreshments. The house has a dock. Not sure about parking. Will find out.

While the house is available Monday-Sunday, I will only be there probably Thursday leaving Sunday so anyone that does want to crash and fish can't check in till Thursday and has to be out by Sunday.

I am looking to go in March.

Anyone interested in getting together let me know.

Anyone interested in crashing at the house, let me know.

Back