The 4th annual Classic Parker Annapolis Rendezvous!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to seeing everyone. I hope "Joe da dog" comes again. Kevin, I am expecting you to provide the great weather!!! I plan on leaving Longport at first light next Friday.

Bump- help-

OK so we have decided to try to make a week end out of this. We were going to stay at a friend's house overnight on Saturday night- he lives right at the mouth of the little Magothy. I found out yesterday they are not around that week end. Is it crazy to think I could find a place to stay overnight in this area? A hotel with slips near by? Reasonable rates? I know Annapolis sports some fine B&Bs and hotels but I assume they would be pretty expensive to house a family of 5. Sleeping on the boat with five would be difficult too. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rather than downtown Annapolis (which could be pricey), you might want to look right across the Bay at Kent Island.
There are several hotels listed for Kent Narrows that could work, and they might even have access to transient slips at the nearby marinas for their customers.

You can find a list of KI hotels here:
http://www.kentisland.cc/lodging.html

There is a Hilton, a Best Western, and a Holiday Inn Express all listed as being at the Narrows, though I have no first hand knowledge about any of them.

Is it time to start an "I'll be there" list?
As I write this, we are 10 days away!

For anyone thinking about attending, we are low key at this event.
If you want to, bring your grill, bring your water toys, or just bring your sandwiches and beverages!

There will be lots of relaxing... checking out each others boats... and more than enough BS'ing to last another year!

The creek where we will assemble generally has perch, pickerel, and small rock, so if you want to fish, circle hooks on light tackle with Fishbites or your favorite bait is always good!

So who is attending?

I'll be there.

Got the towing permits Friday. Will go get her sometime this week, clean her up and load the grill, food, beer, and wine. I'll be cooking German brats. Plan to fish with a friend at the crack of dawn, so I might be grilling fish also.

Dave

aka

Porkchunker":2s41ci69 said:
I might be grilling fish also.

Dave... I caught croaker today at the mouth of the Severn.

Bottom fishing on the drift... circle hooks baited with cooked cocktail shrimp. :wink:

All right guys, who is in this year? I hope to see a large turnout again. My plan is to leave Longport, NJ at first light on Friday and arrive at the Marriott late afternoon. If anyone is around Friday evening stop by and say hello. I will be docked at the Marriott.

Brad

Brad... Keep in touch on your way down and let us know when you arrive.
Maybe we can meet you at Pussers for a beverage Fri evening! 8)

We are deffinatly in. When I say we I mean me, the wife and 3 kids so I hope (for my sake) someone else brings the Mrs. with them.
Leaving early Saturday morning from North East Md. and running two hours down to Annapolis. Staying overnight at the Loews and the boat is sleeping at Annapolis Yacht Basin. My only show stopper would be weather in which case we would either skip the whole thing or launch at Sandy Point and make it a shorter run. This past week end showed how quickly the bay can make for an uncomfortable ride. Calm one minute and 3' rollers the next.

Haven't made one of these gatherings yet. I would really love to join the group and hob-nob. If I get my replacement brake line hose, get the trailer inspected, finish the steering install, and all the planets align, my job is actually slow enough that I might be able to get away!

Hey, if I can get the boat trailer done, maybe I should wait and do the second console/steering install at the gathering? Should be enough experts around, huh? I don't drink so I could be trusted to manage the work or at least referee! :shock: :D

Parkerman... I'll have the Admiral with me so yours won't be alone. This is a family gathering so all are invited!
Sandy Point State Park is also an option depending on WX, but I have an order in for a FAC day <fingers crossed>. :wink:

Ranger Tim... You are a brave soul! I already told Brad I'd leave the drill home (and away from his dad)!
This might be a good time to take detail photos of how our rear stations are put together so you have a couple of references. Mine was installed by my dealer from parts that I gathered, and took to him.

1st annual Annapolis Rendezvous - My Fox Hound had to be put down that morning. :(

2nd annual Annapolis Rendezvous - Was on vacation in Maine. :)

3rd annual Annapolis Rendezvous - Broke my shoulder the week before. :(

4th annual Annapolis Rendezvous - Previous commitment whth wife and grandkids :(

I'll make it one day...

Hey. I wear that hat all the time. It is about the best fitting hat I have ever owned. Yamaha makes nice hats! :D life is good with Yamaha on my head with a Honda on the back 8)

Ranger Tim":2xexd3lh said:
Haven't made one of these gatherings yet. I would really love to join the group and hob-nob. If I get my replacement brake line hose, get the trailer inspected, finish the steering install, and all the planets align, my job is actually slow enough that I might be able to get away!

Hey, if I can get the boat trailer done, maybe I should wait and do the second console/steering install at the gathering? Should be enough experts around, huh? I don't drink so I could be trusted to manage the work or at least referee! :shock: :D

Forget the tools and sweat and work...I have a spot on my boat for you. I'll have German beer and bratwurst, and a nice deck chair for you. All you have to do is call and effect a link-up at SPSP. I'll pick you up before the event, and deliver you back to SPSP at the end.

Can't turn down an offer like that.

Dave

aka

Got the brakes done today! New tires next for the passenger side. Gotta figure out why they're going bald on the outboard edge. Might need a road trip to figure it out! :wink:

Ranger Tim":kxuiyyhi said:
Got the brakes done today! New tires next for the passenger side. Gotta figure out why they're going bald on the outboard edge. Might need a road trip to figure it out! :wink:

WooHoo! :D

Dave... a very generous offer! 8)
Maybe there is another member looking for a ride?

We have been very successful in getting members involved in our Rendezvous by offering rides to folks who would otherwise not be able to attend.

If anyone needs, or would like to ride along to the raft-up, it is a great way to make new and lasting friends... so pipe up here and we'll attempt to pair you up! :D

Back