The 4th annual Classic Parker Annapolis Rendezvous!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin -

I hope to get there with my "larval stage Parker"-- a mere 15'6" and 225 lb white fiberglass hull and twin engines (9.9-hp Yamaha and Minnkota trolling motor). Plus a fishing cockpit of about 20 sq ft. :oops:

This boat is a fishing machine, described last weekend by another fisherman as a "pocket battleship"

I am tied up all week with a death in the family, but hope to get home Fri evening. Weather permitting, I will be there.

John

Thanks for reminding me John. Time to begin the weekend marine forecast countdown!

ANZ531-290815-
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM POOLES ISLAND TO SANDY POINT-
421 PM EDT TUE JUL 28 2009

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT TONIGHT

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

TONIGHT
S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT IN THE
EVENING. WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND TSTMS THIS
EVENING.

WED
S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. GUSTS UP TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
WAVES 1 FT. SHOWERS WITH A CHANCE OF TSTMS.

WED NIGHT
S WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. WAVES 2 FT. SHOWERS AND TSTMS
LIKELY. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

THU
SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING S 15 TO 20 KT IN THE
AFTERNOON. WAVES 1 FT.

THU NIGHT
S WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...BECOMING SW 5 TO 10 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. WAVES 1 FT.

FRI
SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 20 KT IN THE
AFTERNOON. WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS.

FRI NIGHT
SW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...BECOMING NW 5 TO 10 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. WAVES 1 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS.

SAT
SE WINDS AROUND 5 KT. WAVES 1 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
TSTMS. SCATTERED SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SUN
S WINDS 5 KT. WAVES LESS THAN 1 FT. SCATTERED SHOWERS. A
CHANCE OF TSTMS.

Ugh. I hope the weather report shapes up. I have until tomorrow at noon to cancel my hotel with no charges. Regardless it sounds like if it is a go I would be launching from Sandy Point and scratching the 40 mile cruise.
Any chance of a rain date or do we do this rain or shine?

<knock on wood> We have never had a rain date as this time of year. The only rain we generally have to worry about is afternoon thunderstorms (which have never materialized).

The forecast shows wind for Friday evening, but the rest of the weekend looks good. :wink:

I am watching the weather very closely. The forecast right now sucks. I was planning on making the run from Longport, NJ on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed.

Brad, I havent seen the tides but if the wind and tide roll together it is not a problem. If the wind is more out of the west than south, it helps too (sounds like sw swinging to nw so the westerly flow may be on). Best bet is to leave early and arrive in Naptown as early as possible. Good luck with the trip.

I will be monitoring VHF channels 16 and 78 the day of the event.
If you need to get in touch on your way in, just give me a shout!

For anyone who needs my cell number, send me a PM. :wink:

Timbo":269y3x3k said:
Kevin - I spoke w/John Deering the other day. He said he's planning on attending again this year. Not sure if I'm coming yet. My MSSA Chapter is having a kids fishing derby that day and I may be volunteering.

I just spoke with him this morning and he says you didn't tell him anything. :mrgreen:
Oh... and he says not to tie up next to him. :lol:

Emailed the Cap the scoop on the event and also made another post to Tidalfish - not sure what happened to the first one but it appears to have vanished. :x

Here is todays marine weather forecast.

ANZ531-300715-
345 PM EDT WED JUL 29 2009

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT

TONIGHT
SW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS TO 25 KT. WAVES 2 TO
3 FT. WIDESPREAD SHOWERS AND TSTMS THIS EVENING... THEN SCATTERED
SHOWERS WITH ISOLATED TSTMS AFTER MIDNIGHT. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM THIS
EVENING.

THU
W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

THU NIGHT
S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 2 FT.

FRI
S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS TO 20 KT. WAVES 2 TO 3 FT. A
CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS.

FRI NIGHT
W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. A CHANCE OF
SHOWERS AND TSTMS.

SAT
NW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING S IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES 1 TO
2 FT.

SAT NIGHT
S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
TSTMS.

SUN
SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
TSTMS.

Winds NW at 5 to 10 and waves 1 to 2'?
No way.

Not sure what is up with Brandon on TidalFish, but he deleted my second post about this weekends raft-up. I b-mailed him, but no reply.

The Grady club gets a free pass, but we get deleted? That is just wrong. If you TF members agree, b-mail him and give him a piece of your mind.

I think I will never have the opportunity to meet you characters. I have to work for the fourth year in a row. At least it supports my Parker habit! Have a great one and be safe y'all!

Megabyte":3uimt1p0 said:
Timbo":3uimt1p0 said:
Kevin - I spoke w/John Deering the other day. He said he's planning on attending again this year. Not sure if I'm coming yet. My MSSA Chapter is having a kids fishing derby that day and I may be volunteering.

I just spoke with him this morning and he says you didn't tell him anything. :mrgreen:
Oh... and he says not to tie up next to him. :lol:

Emailed the Cap the scoop on the event and also made another post to Tidalfish - not sure what happened to the first one but it appears to have vanished. :x

Capt John called and woke me up from a peaceful slumber this morning to try and get me to call in sick to go fishing. Being the dutiful employee that I am I had to decline in spite of my desire to be out fishing. Since I was awake we also talked about the Raft-Up. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year because I have already obligated myself to volunteer for my MSSA Chapter's Kids Fishing Day at Wilson Point Park that day. As I recall, the Raft-Up was held on August 8th last year so when I saw the date conflicted with my schedule I was disappointed because I really enjoy socializing with everybody at the Raft-Up. I will miss seeing everyone this year but I look forward to viewing the pictures.

BTW, I saw your post on TF too and searched for it but couldn't find it! Odd.

Timbo":2z7vwp7b said:
BTW, I saw your post on TF too and searched for it but couldn't find it! Odd.

Odd indeed.

The second TF post was deleted as well, and no explanation from Brandon even after I b-mailed him.

Well Mother Nature did me in. I was planning on making the run with Jim (JPG1969) and my father. We reserved a slip and a hotel room, but the weather would not cooperate. I will not make the event this year. Please give my regards to everyone. Hopefully, I will be back next year. For all of you who attend, don't forget to thank Kevin and MJ for making this such a great event. I wish everyone a great time and calm seas.

Brad

PS - I may have to try to put together an event in the Atlantic City/Cape May area.

hey you guys weather is holding, unsettled weather should be out of here late friday pm.

my go to sites are: noaa weather at tpl, windgru (both models) and the experimental noaa page with the ARROWS.

Here is the latest forecast. Unsettled WX on Friday, but Saturday is looking good.
NW winds at 5 to 10 swinging around from the S at 5 to 10 later in the day.

ANZ531-312030-
410 AM EDT FRI JUL 31 2009

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON
THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...

TODAY
S WINDS 10 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS TO 25 KT LATE. WAVES 1 TO
2 FT...BUILDING TO 3 FT THIS AFTERNOON. SHOWERS AND TSTMS...MAINLY
THIS AFTERNOON. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

TONIGHT
SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS TO 25 KT...BECOMING NW
5 TO 10 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. SHOWERS AND TSTMS.
VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

SAT
NW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING NE IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES
1 TO 2 FT.

SAT NIGHT
S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT. SCATTERED SHOWERS.

SUN
S WINDS 10 KT. WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
TSTMS.

The forecast for tomorrow has gotten even better!

ANZ531-010915-
555 PM EDT FRI JUL 31 2009

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EDT SATURDAY

TONIGHT
NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT...BECOMING W
5 KT LATE. WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. ISOLATED SHOWERS.

SAT
S WINDS AROUND 5 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

SAT NIGHT
S WINDS 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT. SCATTERED SHOWERS.

SUN
S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
TSTMS.

SUN NIGHT
SW WINDS AROUND 5 KT. WAVES 1 FT. SCATTERED SHOWERS.

WooHoo!!!

BTW - High tide at 1313 hrs.

We are really looking forward to this. I hope Sandy Point ramps arent too crazy. I hear they can get crowded and if the sun is shining I am sure everyone will be out.
Launch time for us is 10:00 so we should have no problem being there by 11:00. See you all there.

Parkerman":38i9yf4f said:
I hope Sandy Point ramps arent too crazy. I hear they can get crowded and if the sun is shining I am sure everyone will be out.

Sandy Point State Park has 22 ramps. You should be fine. :)
Feel free to fish Hacketts Bar on your way over. It is one of my favotite local spots to fish. :wink:

Back