PARKER 2820 REAR SLIDING DOOR

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halijsb

Reaction score
Seldom I see a team as dedicated as the crew over at west coast marine. My special thanks goes to Kevin Kelly,Nick, and Gonzalo. I can't forget to mention David Lawson @ Seaside Marine Electronics. Kevin designed a Rear Sliding Door for the PARKER. The quality custom work is first rate! Everything is in the detail. From the stainless steel locking system to the color match of the door and framing. I rarely talked it up about a company, but they're the real deal.
Give Kevin a call at 949-735-5759 or email [email protected]
Kevin, you're over the top!
Nick, thanks for servicing and trailering my baby back.
I feel like family!
Chris Wight
Halij

More to come just got back from Kona!

Attachments

• L1010110.JPG
    L1010110.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 655
Very nice mod. Looks relatively simple--2 tracks and 2 trim peices cut out of starboard and SS hardware. Anyone know what make/model of the SS hardware and maybe link?

I thought about doing this to my 23'. The tracks would have to be inside the pilothouse due to the size of the door. There could be some water leakage on the bottom track but can be minimized by cutting the track at a slight angle and drainnning it towards the cockpit. The advantage to having the door on the inside is being able to mount boating/fishing hardware on the back of the PH. Also the door stays cleanner.

That is an "OK" way of making a sliding door but the door will "bind-up" when attempting to open or close and debris will get into the track. A better way of making a sliding door is using a Harken tracks and 2 of their "cars". You simply attach the "cars" to the door (fix mount with thru-bolts) and then the cars attach to the track. Only need a single overhead track. The cars have about 20 ball-bearings inside.

Here's the sliding door I built on a 35 Duffy. Same idea can be easily used on any door.

Attachments

• Cockpit 3.JPG
    Cockpit 3.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 382
Back