New Trailer 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimjybe

Reaction score
Wanted to share information on new Slide-On trailer I purchased for a Parker 2520. It was locally made in St. Pete Florida by Owens & Son's Marine Inc. http://www.slideon.com/portfolio.htm The trailer is rated at 10,000 Lbs. it has torsion axles, six lug 15" wheels, Kodiak SS brakes, SS hardware, LED pole lights, center mounted tongue jack and many more features. Only one axle has brakes (my choice) and it stops just fine with a Toyota Tundra, of course, there are no hills in Florida. For some reason bunk board's are the only thing in use down here except for sail boats and it seems that rollers are popular in the north? Rollers may be easier to load and unload but with the width of these boats the tire height will determine the amount of water needed to launch with bunks. This company mounts the Bunks on the main frame rails, many companies mount on the cross braces using U bolts that will corrode the brace in half. At first I was concerned that the bunks would not be under the main stringer, after riding in the boat and looking at how they are built I don't think it matters where you support it. Another feature I like is that the cross beams are flat and don't hit ground at the crest of the ramp. Keep in mind this is the modified V. The spare tire mounted on the trailer can be used for climbing onto the boat, they will even weld up an aluminum tongue ladder for such use. Another trailer maker here is Roll's Axle, they make an axle with a lifetime guarantee and they stand behind it no matter who owns it or where they purchased it. Their axle is all aluminum and SS utilizing rubber blocks for suspension. I chose the Slide-on Trailer because I believe it to be the strongest made. If I don't like the torsion axel's down the road I can always have Rolls Axle install theirs, yes, they will do that. I noticed reading blogs that a lot of people in the north only pull their trailer twice a year - to the marina in the spring and home in the fall, also (wife is from Long Island). Here we use our boats year round and there are so many different places to go you hate to get locked into leaving from the same marina. All in all I'm happy with the trailer, it pulls real nice down the road and is easy to launch & load.

Attachments

• P1010260 (Medium).JPG
    P1010260 (Medium).JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 320
Is that a 6.5 inch frame rail? I spoke with Eric at Parker today and he said that bunk placement should be 15 inch on center. That is where the linear stringers are located. So double set of bunks in the back would give the best support under the stringers. There should also be support under the mid keel area toward the bow. Some call it a centering bunk. I trailer a lot also, but don't like the idea of the continuous sliding action in the same areas of the hull. Bunk runners pick up dirt and stones on the highway. Folk that powerload their boats stir up the bottom sediment that also collects on the bunks. I remember a photo that Greg (Be-Faithful) posted of his new Judge, and how he quickly scrubbed off the bottom paint. Your trailer is deffinately a good looking trailer. I'll probably give them a call and see if they could build that same trailer, but with rollers instead.

Charlie
Eden, Maryland

The brakes on trailer are hydraulic surge, frame size is 6", trailer weight is 1800 pounds and it has Accu Lube spindles. Everything is aluminum or SS except for the axle's, tongue and wench stand. Not sure they would do rollers, their sailboat trailers even have bunks. In the bow there is a V block that extends all the way to the transom, I mean to say that there are V blocks on every cross beam that are bridged together supporting each side of keel. The boat's main stringers are on the edge of the bunks, Many captains, service boats, race boats and marine patrol use their trailers and I've never heard a negative comment about them. Check out their web site to see all the strange hull designs they build trailers for. http://www.slideon.com/portfolio.htm

Back