New Fuel Hose....DONE!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannonigans

Reaction score
. ....I have had trouble filling up ever since I purchased my boat. . ..always trying to position people just right and filling as slow as the pumps would let me just so it wouldn't spit that precious liquid back out at me.. ....but I think I may have some better luck this year. After getting my arm wedged in that tiny 6" hole I felt an ugly kink in the line. . ...so out it came.

. . ...it was actually starting to crack too. ..

. ..........once I moved the (storage) seat I was able to get the access panel off. ..and there was plenty of room to get my fat a$$ in there to work. You can see there was quite a bit of grunge behind there....here the the fuel hose has already been removed. The wire coming out of the hole is a ground wire that connects to the deck filler. It was a PIA to get off and I probably could have done it without removing it, but. . ....it was a good time to inspect it. I ended up putting a new crimp on it.

. .. ..seeing I was solo. ...I ended up removing the vent hose so I could pull/push the fuel hose easier. ...I put a heavy plastic bag over the end of the hose...taped it on and soaped it up. It pushed through pretty easy. Did the same thing for the vent hose. ...that didn't go as easy, but it wasn't too bad. Here is a photo of the hoses all run. ...

. ...and the PIA ground wire. ...not easy to do alone. ..but where there is a will. ..there's a stubborn Irishman.

. . .and then there was a little clean up before putting everything back together. ..

. . .. . ...really hope this fixes my fill up issues. . ..although I know the gas attendants will miss my show I put on with every fill up. . ...and the new curse words I make up every time. Also if you happen to have an issue filling up. . ...definitely worth trying to feel for a kink.

Thanks for the look.

Attachments

• Fuel Hose 2.JPG
    Fuel Hose 2.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 283
  • Fuel Hose 1.JPG
    Fuel Hose 1.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 283
  • Fuel and Vent Hose 1.JPG
    Fuel and Vent Hose 1.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 284
  • Fuel and Vent Hose 4.JPG
    Fuel and Vent Hose 4.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 283
  • Fuel and Vent Hose 5.JPG
    Fuel and Vent Hose 5.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 283
  • Fuel and Vent Hose 6.JPG
    Fuel and Vent Hose 6.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 283
Looks great - I'm curious what you used to clean all the mold off the sides of the hull and in the bilge, noticed my boat looks a lot like your "Before" pictures :)

-- Tom

For mold there is a mold remover/cleaner found in Homer Depot or Lowes paint sections, it works better than bleach and keeps it off longer.

Thank you for the pictures and post, great resource. How old was that hose ?

POGE . ...I would say that hose was probably the original from '99. . ...I also plan on doing as you did and replacing my sending unit. It started acting up last year.. ...the final straw was on a trip to Montauk. When I left the dock the gauge read 3 (out of 8.) bars. Just over half way there I hit a wave that sent it down to 1 bar. ....gulp! Of course I still fished, but . ... :|

. . .. ..I do have a question though. .....I plan on installing the WEMA stainless steel unit, but this is what I pulled from my tank....would this be original equipment for a '99?

. .....the tank (150 gallon) measures 14 1/2" deep and the unit I pulled out is set at 13 1/12". Reading the posts here and the WEMA site it says for aluminum tank to keep it 1/2" from the bottom. . ...would it be okay if I left it 1" above. ....it would be like having a bit more of a reserve??

Attachments

• P3220289.JPG
    P3220289.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 248
Read WEMA's site, as I recall they want it no closer than 1" above anyway, due to possible tank flex.

That said, your tank is usually only level at anchor, moored, or moving very slowly. On plane or fast headway speed, the bow will rise, causing more fuel to pool in the back of the tank, so in effect you get a little more use of fuel that way.

Back