• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

08 2510XL F250 real world value

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rio_01

Reaction score
I've been looking at 2520's but decided to try a walk around this time. I've found a 2008 2510XL for sale. It has a low hour F250 on a bracket but no trailer and no real electronics. The broker is at $59K, I'm thinking $45K-$49K is a more realistic value. There was a 2004 on here with a brand new 300, electronics and a trailer that was also $59K but I guess he ended up selling off the engine, hull and trailer all individually. I think he'd come down to $53K before he finally parted it out. I'm having a hard time finding comps.

Two questions, and I'd like some opinions. One, what's the typical spread for asking price vs. selling price for Parkers in general when a broker is involved. I know it's case by case but is there a rule of thumb on this? My last Parker they were asking $95K for, I paid $75K in the end - broker deal.

Two, what would you folks offer on the boat described above? Am I high, low, or just right thinking $45-$49K? I know I can offer whatever I want and all they can say is no but I want to be fair and realistic.

Thoughts, opinions and input greatly appreciated!

This is just my 2 cents but I always estimated that the Walk Around Parker should carry about the same value as the Pilot House value for my area. IN the case of a well kept 2008 2520/2510 MV (single engine), I think low to mid 50K is reasonable however that would include a trailer and decent electronics (in other words nice electronics less than 10 years old). Some a little higher, others a little lower. Now, I know the walk around is harder to find but also not as sought after (in my area). Just guessing here but I would think the further North you go the less desirable it would be and just the opposite the further south you go (I live in Maryland). So, you being in New York and the boat you are looking at not having a trailer or much as far as electronics, I would think High 40k, low 50k would be fair. High 50s though would have me continuing to search or giving them an offer more around $48k and letting the negotiations begin. Again, just my opinion but I look pretty regularly at used Parkers.

Best of luck

Thanks for the input so far! Sounds like I'm on the right track. I saw that NADA was $37-$42K but that seemed too low to me.

NADA is a tool, but not realistic because the price for good used Parkers are very regional.
West coast prices are through the roof and many people out west buy an east coat boat, have it shipped, and still save money over west coast prices.
Same goes for east coast boats. Northern boats generally mean a shorter boating season and less wear and tear, but careless winter storage can mean damage you weren't counting on.
As you move south, the season becomes longer, especially for a WA. Once you get to FL, your season almost becomes year-round.

Condition of boat and motor are everything, but don't rule out a potential just because it doesn't have a trailer.
Some people buy the minimum (rated weight) trailer to pinch pennies, but it is rarely a good thing.
Sometimes buying your own trailer (if you don't wet slip) is a better thing than buying 'pretty good'.

Lots of factors...
Bottom line, find a nice boat and negotiate.

Back