1/2 an ice chest out of the transom fish box?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicho

Reaction score
Hello all,

Quick question, I would like to setup the transome fish box on my 23DVCC so that I can use 1/2 of it as a ice chest...

I like that thing to be the cooler for the family.... but I find myself constantly putting a wet towel in the center to split the box in two.....

But I would like to do with minimal damage to the fish box... Anyone ever do this? Have any ideas?

My only thought is using a peice of starboard and just putting a couple of guides (two to three???)....

Thanks!
William.

I have done it that way on a different boat. The fish box was so big (side to side) that I partitioned it with a piece of starboard and strips of starboard as guides. That way I used much less ice using just one side.

When I had by 23 DVCC, I used the standard 3.5 gallon buckets to separate things. They fit perfectly in the transom box. Put trash in one bucket, ice and drinks in another, bait in another and so on. Easy to lift out and dump/clean later.

jim

grouperjim":1a0bj8sp said:
I have done it that way on a different boat. The fish box was so big (side to side) that I partitioned it with a piece of starboard and strips of starboard as guides. That way I used much less ice using just one side.

When I had by 23 DVCC, I used the standard 3.5 gallon buckets to separate things. They fit perfectly in the transom box. Put trash in one bucket, ice and drinks in another, bait in another and so on. Easy to lift out and dump/clean later.

jim

I'm going to buy a few of those buckets!

And.. yes. Might try that starboard idea.. Though not sure if it should drain or not. I guess that a long trip to the islands would require a real cooler and not the transom fish box. ... So the 1/2 fish box cooler for weekend days... and a real cooler for the longer trips....

Thanks Jim!

William.

Back