1.5" ball valve for livewell overflow

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TunaJoe

Reaction score
I'm looking to install a ball-valve in my livewell overflow line.
Last time I spoke to Eric at Parker Boats, I asked if there was something wrong with my livewell as it wouldnt hold water. I'd fill it up and make sure the tube was correctly seated and the water would slowly drain out.

He told me they arent designed to hold water for any extended period of time and if I wanted it to hold water, I needed to install a valve into the line.

Does anyone know of a good online source? I searched around but not sure what the type of valve I need is called.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1332 (2).jpg
    IMG_1332 (2).jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 522
FishFactory":ogopni0a said:
If that's a pvc pipe, why not a common valve from HomeDepot type store ?

It's not PVC. It's 1.5" hose.

Why would you want livewell to hold water ?

I'm going to fill it with fresh water and use it as a source of water for my water heater. Waters cold out here in California! After diving, I fire up my Zodi water heater shower. With 4 guys on board, we run thru alot of water.edit: why not a cork stopper in bottom of livewell ?

Cause you can't reach down there. Factory livewell has a PVC tube running down a small hole which forms a not so tight seal. The hole with the pipe is different than the hole you get the bait out of.

I think you're losing water through the centrifugal bait well pump once you shut it off. To eliminate this it looks like you would just have to close the sea cock that is pictured.

Hope this helps, or am I missing something?

Tuna Joe,
If you have a Pacific edge bait tank it should have a B-Valve on the overflow line that drains the tank.After filling Close that valve,then close your seacock thats in your picture....of course that will kill your washdown too though.

I do this all the time to keep the bugs fresh,without running the bait pump,and worrying about running down my batteries when I'm off to do the second dive. :D
Hope this helps

MJ.

Thanks Michael

I DONT have the Pacific Edge Bait tank. I wish I did.
Mine is the factory Kodiak.
Regarding the bugs, that's the other reason I want to close off the bait tank. That and scallops.

Joe

TunaJoe":2663w0jp said:
Thanks Michael

I DONT have the Pacific Edge Bait tank. I wish I did.
Mine is the factory Kodiak.
Regarding the bugs, that's the other reason I want to close off the bait tank. That and scallops.

Joe
Yep Yep Thats what I do as well.
Ok after checkin out your pic a little closer looks as if you need to install one right where you drew it in.
Get a bronze B-Valve.Make sure you measure the Inside Diameter of your hose,and get a nipple,or hose barb that you can push the hose onto without too much trouble...it has to be tight,but not where you have to fight with it to get it on.Make sure you double clamp both sides.

You'll really like it this way...you dont have to run the pump all day,and it still keeps your game fresh.

PS The fish are on the crew round these parts.
MJ.

Back