$1000 > $2765 ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outta Here

Reaction score
Nope, not an E-Tec commerical, rather the REAL TRUTH about those dirty, price dumping/overcharging (pick one), low HP bazzards from Japan, Yamaha.

New 225-4 Yamaha=$14,000
New 225-4 Suzuki =$13,000

You SAVE $1000 with a Suzuki
Source, Ed'sMarine

.........................Three year's later............................................

Used Yamaha=$10490
Used Suzuki =$ 7725

You LOSE :oops:
Source NADA

as the Info-mrecial would say, "Wait, there's more"

Buy a new 225 E-tec for $15,000 :shock:, it's worth $9700 as an '04 or,

an Oh-Five Verado (no 04's) and it's worth a paltry $800 more than the Yamaha. Ed's doesn't sell 'em, so no new pricing. Rumor has it, all that power steering, DTS, and supercharger isn't cheap, at least not as new.

Does Ed sell any other brands?
It'd be interesting to compare those figures with the other major OB brands.

Of course... that's just comparing price, a major factor (no doubt about it).
When the day comes for me to repower, I'll be looking at weight too.

Ed's does have a few "Japanese Johnsons" in smaller HPs.

(It pains me to say this... :D )..................

For brute HP and value, looks like it's hard to beat the OptiPop, errr...OptiMax. Ed's sells 'em for $10,000 and the '04s are still worth $7200. I hope "B-faithfull" doesn't see this. :lol:

I wouldnt put to much faith in NADA they are usually way off real world pricing. If I could sell my motorhome, boat or any of my trucks for what NADA says they are worth I would be a happy camper.Which book were you looking at? Not trying to dispute the value , just saying not to trust NADA.

Who sells their outboards before they are worth squat anyhow?

I can think of 2 types of people...

1. Go fast guys who usually have mercs that have been run at two speeds... WOT and off. Most of that is launched from wave to wave too creating toasted gear cases. No thanks, I dont want one even if it is a Merc.

2. Guys who own Regulators, Parkers, and other builders who force Yams on their customers only to find out that there really isnt an adequate Yamaha four stroke for their boat... Ie. Under powered Regulator 23's with Yam F225's. or Parker 23 and 2520XL and DV' owners with anemic f225's looking for more umph. (merc powered boats are usually adequately powered right the first time :p )..... i would take one at a good price if I was in need of power.

As for the zukes and etecs... who services them. do they even have a dealer network. I would want a mechanic to go over a used engine before purchasing..

:wink: :wink: :wink:

B-Faithful":33z6zwmv said:
Who sells their outboards before they are worth squat anyhow?

I can think of 2 types of people...

1. Go fast guys who usually have mercs that have been run at two speeds... WOT and off. Most of that is launched from wave to wave too creating toasted gear cases. No thanks, I dont want one even if it is a Merc.

2. Guys who own Regulators, Parkers, and other builders who force Yams on their customers only to find out that there really isnt an adequate Yamaha four stroke for their boat... Ie. Under powered Regulator 23's with Yam F225's. or Parker 23 and 2520XL and DV' owners with anemic f225's looking for more umph. (merc powered boats are usually adequately powered right the first time :p )..... i would take one at a good price if I was in need of power.

As for the zukes and etecs... who services them. do they even have a dealer network. I would want a mechanic to go over a used engine before purchasing..

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Thanks...I needed a laugh.

The "Wide-Stanced One" says..."Who sells their motors anyway?"

Pretty much anyone who has ever sold or traded in their boat. Not many people take off their motor and save it. :roll: :p :lol:

FishFactory":2eqis5st said:
The "Wide-Stanced One" says..."Who sells their motors anyway?"

Pretty much anyone who has ever sold or traded in their boat. Not many people take off their motor and save it. :roll: :p :lol:

Ahh the condition of the boat, electronics installed, and options affect the price more than what motor is on a used boat. I believe it is true that some motors may help a boat move faster (like a 4 stroke or if people have biases against a motor like a big block HPDI) if a bunch of a particular model are on the market at the same time. However, from speaking to brokers they believe that it really has little affect price. For example, if one 2003 2520xl Parker had an F225 and another had a 250HPDI, the overall condition, options, electronics will have more impact on the sale price than what motor is on there. However, the f225 powered boat will move faster will all other things being equal as many people prefer four strokes these days. The 250HPDI boat would be more likely to sit on the market longer as there are a lot of people biased against the HPDI and wont buy the boat even if it is a couple thousand less.

Location has a lot to do with it as well. Here in the Chesapeake area an HPDI powered boat may actually sell for more than a 4 stroke powered boat in South Carolina or Georgia area

Last evening, the Severn River Rod and Keg Club (SRRKC) held it's monthly meeting on the water in Weems Creek (Annapolis).
Imagine our suprise when all of the members selected the same garb to wear for the occasion.

Image-9F8F87185CE211DC.jpg

Oh... notice the Merc in the background? It's attached to a glitter-boat that happened to stop by and say hello to the PenYan inboard, the 225 OX66 on the GW Seafarer, the twin 200 HPDI's on the GW Sailfish, and the F150 on the Parker 21SE. 8)

Wow. You guys look good! :shock: :D

I hauled my boat yesterday to get the grass off the bottom and found the same gear. I must say that Yamaha makes a GREAT hat :!: :!: :!: I like the way it fits much better than my Mercury hats !!!

(Thanks Kev!!! :D :wink: )

B-Faithful":199pnfb4 said:
Wow. You guys look good! :shock: :D

I hauled my boat yesterday to get the grass off the bottom and found the same gear. I must say that Yamaha makes a GREAT hat :!: :!: :!: I like the way it fits much better than my Mercury hats !!!

:D

B-Faithful":z2m9mocq said:
I must say that Yamaha makes a GREAT hat :!: :!:

It's the Yamaha Engineering 8) . Just wait till you try one of their motors. :wink:

:D :D :D

All I know is I placed a call to Almar's today and got some prices on a few pairs of Optis. :) Now I just have to sell the idea to the wife.... :(

I usually check their used engine inventory weekly. They seem to get a lot of singles in, but never a nice pair.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me though. :)

gw204":1ghfr2o2 said:
All I know is I placed a call to Almar's today and got some prices on a few pairs of Optis. :) Now I just have to sell the idea to the wife.... :(

Come back to the dark side luke, I mean brian :lol:

Image-5C68F50C50C511DB.jpg

Oh yeah!!!! :D

IMG_0437.jpg

Disregard the smoke....

IMG_0023.jpg

I got the go-ahead to repower from the admiral but I actually haven't decided whether I will be going with 200/225 Optis or 200 HPDIs. Since I've got lots of power from my 225 OX66s, I want to be sure that whatever I put on there is going to have balls. I know the Optis got 'em, but I don't know much about the 200 HPDIs. Anyone know what those dyno at?

Can't answer the dyno question, but twin 200 HPDI's seem to be the #1 choice with the Regulator / Contender crowd due to their super power to weight ratio.

Megabyte":1kw7frn9 said:
Can't answer the dyno question, but twin 200 HPDI's seem to be the #1 choice with the Regulator / Contender crowd due to their super power to weight ratio.

I wonder if that would change if they could choose something other than Yamaha... :D :wink: :D :wink:

Back