12V Wet & Dry Hand Held Vacuum

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatcir

Reaction score
Okay, this is not a project and I am not a vacuum sweeper salesman. But with my new carpet in place I looked for a 12 volt vacuum since I am too lazy to install an inverter.

After reading about a few of them, I bought a Hoover Road Rat Wet & Dry Cleaner ($25 at many sites) and it works just fine. Plug it into my 12V outlet and its long cord reaches all over the boat. It has great suction and with my engine idling it looked like no big deal to the charging voltage & the cord did not get hot.

http://www.hoovercompany.com/db/xq/asp. ... oadRat.htm to see the manual

I saw not indiction of the amperage draw on the vacuum or in the manual.

As the photo shows it comes with a sqeegee like insert for liquid pick up, a rubber like crevice tool, a long thick cord, and a storage bag for all just above the vacuum in the photo.

Attachments

• Wet & Dry Vacuum.JPG
    Wet & Dry Vacuum.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 459
  • carpet pad looking aft (Medium).JPG
    carpet pad looking aft (Medium).JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 459
Your carpeting looks very nice. It appears as you used a commerical grade mat. If so where did you purchase the mat. I have been using a piece of Indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowes, but the back flakes off leaving a mess. I am looking for something a little different.

I bought a commercial foot mat like they have when you walk into a building with wet snow covered boots or cow pastures. It has a waterproof back, is washable, and retains water (or gear lube or??) without it getting on the fibergass or in my sight.

Heavy-duty polyproplene acrylic fiber carpet with ruggged vinyl backing to trap moisture and dirt. Good for gargages, workshops, and Parker floors. Vacuum or hose wash.

Covers a million sins and helps a bit with inside quiet or floor beer can knicks. Good for bare feet.

Too lazy to cut out the seat base but is settling down on the slit. Also did not cut a hole for the drain hole as I let the mat catch the crud instead of the bilge.

Mine is light brown 4 ft. X 6 ft. before cutting off a corner and edge from:

www.sportys.com 10302-br-light brown

Greatcir

Back