18 parker aft jump seat lids?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1267712

Reaction score
The '91 18' parker I just bought has some hastily constructed tops for the boxes on each side of the engine at the transom. I would like to construct something more appropriate and am wondering how the original tops (I assume with cushions on them) were constructed and installed. Can someone post some pics of them showing the construction and how they are held in place?

In 91 they were probably fiberglass lids with about 1.2" lip that went over the open box. Later Parker started making these out of Starboard with a bungee tie down on the inside. Finally they went to a stainless piano hinge on the inside of the outer edge. The lids are made by Brown Towles at Finaddict Marine in Four Oaks, NC

Not sure what your set up is, but here are the rear seats on my 2110. Cushions mounted to a hard plywood (?) bottom. On the underside of the cushion is a small U bracket and inside the box is a short length of bungee cord with a hook on one end. The other end is attached to the boat. Length of the cord is enough to allow it to stretch for opening the cover but holds the cushion tight through tension otherwise....and you can unclip the hook to remove the top fully.

S0191344_zps2ef38e72.jpg

The jump seat tops open from centerline to outboard direction and have a piece of bungee cord attached to the bottom, aft, center of lid. When you open the lid, you stretch the bungee to the aft cleat. Honestly, it is a crappy design. You cannot open the lids completely as they hit the washboards when they are at abot 60 degrees. I plan to make mine removable once I can figure out a design.

My 1990 1800 came with starboard lids and hinges at the aft. I had to add locks so they would not open up when trailoring or under power.

Latest posts

Back