1801 Anchor choice?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keauhou

Reaction score
I just purchased a new '07 1801 and looking for advise on a anchor that will accomodate the front storage width and be suitable for either sandy or rock bottom. I live here in California, and any help would be appreciated!!

Keauhou,

I have the same boat and purchased a new anchor for it in the Fall. I got a #8 Super Hooker. Here is a link to the different sizes ...

http://www.tiedown.com/asuper.html

In order for it to fit in the anchor locker and lock under the latches, I had to cut about 1/2" from each end of the anchor stock width. I simply used a hack saw and then a file to smooth and round the corners where I made the cut.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Keauhou,

Do you have trim tabs on the boat? If so, are they Bennet or Lenco?

Mike

I have a Jones Brothers 18, same size and weight as your boat. The anchor that came with the boat was useless. I bought a Fortress (Danforth type) in one size up from what they recommend for my boat size. It just fits the bow storage space. A great upgrade. Although I'm in the northeast, the bottom is generally soft mixed with rocks and shells.

No tabs as of yet, still breaking in the motor and the weather has been crappy lately. If needed, I'd go with Bennett tabs.

Keauhou":2x0hifu2 said:
No tabs as of yet, still breaking in the motor and the weather has been crappy lately. If needed, I'd go with Bennett tabs.

I may have to install Bennetts ... Not sure the lencos will fit under the swim platform.

Back