1801: Build your own bow casting platform

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarracuda

Reaction score
Has anyone built their own casting platform in the bow of an 1801? I'd like to set the boat up a little more geared for inshore fishing. I was thinking of building a platform out of wood and carpet it and use Heavy Duty Velcro against both the platform and boat. It sounds a bit cheesy but I don't want to start drilling into the bow. I also want to add a forward seat and it would be easy to do so on the wooded platform.
Am I missing a much better way?
Thanks for any insight. I'm sure I'll have many more questions to come.

jP

what about something along these lines to hold it into the boat. If you look close you can see a turnbuckle underneath. I don't know that specific boat but I'm sure you could modify it to your needs.

CASTINGP.jpg

wow, I don't even know what that is. Looks like a chimney stack. Well I don't know if I described this correctly so lemme try again. I'd like to build something very similar to Parkers optional "Forward Casting Platform". Umm. hmm.

In the pic that BryanA posted, the white cylindrical thing is a stripping basket.

See this page for a better view of his idea.. basically build a platform on legs that can be easily removed and secured in place with a turnbuckle or something similar.

http://www.birdsallmarine.com/page28.html

Heres another idea that they kicked around for the McKee craft:

-- Tom

Attachments

• 196_Bow_Cushion_Horz_Sheet_Small_(2).jpg
    196_Bow_Cushion_Horz_Sheet_Small_(2).jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 965
Proof is in the pudding that i don't know anything about fly fishing. BryanA, thanks the turnbuckle idea. It's is interesting.

TomS- Now that's perfect. It looks light/strong?/I want it.
Now I have to figure out how I can make it.
Thanks for the ideas.
jared

jarracuda":1u0o71fd said:
TomS- Now that's perfect. It looks light/strong?/I want it.
Now I have to figure out how I can make it.
Thanks for the ideas.

If you do build it, take photos and post it to the Projects forum.
We all like to learn from other owners projects. :wink:

Back