1801 owners?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGeminski

Reaction score
I am going to look at a used 2004 Parker 1801 w/standard Yami 115 4s & trim tabs on Sunday and would love to hear from some 1801 owners about the boat. I like to fish light tackle for blues, bass, false albies, weaks & fluke, flyfish the flats and occasionally drift live bait in rips or inlets for bass here on Long Island, NY. Also, some family trips with my wife & other family with kids. Maybe an occasional trip to Montauk in the fall as well...

Any reccommended customization on these boats?

I may need a combo fish finder/gps plotter.... what have you guys used?

What can you tell me about how the boat handles in different sea conditions? Does it pound, is it a wet ride? Drifting in rolling waves?

I will be trailering the boat and launching solo sometimes... easily done? Do you need an electric winch?

How is the storage on the boat?

Will a swim platform get in my way when fishing?

Does anyone have any leads on where I can get a complete boat cover?

Any other advice you can help me with would be appreciated, if anyone would be willing to speak with me over the phone about the boat, that would be greatly appreciated. Just PM me your # and a good time to call today (Fri, 4/8) or tomorrow.

Thanks!

Chris

Hi
I am going into my third year with my 1801 and I think its a great little boat. I bought it to replace a 17 ft Boston whaler that had died. I needed a boat that the kids could use for water sports and I could use for fishing in the upper Chesapeake.
I bought my boat used, with only 50 hrs on the engine, from a guy who loved it but wanted a bigger boat (he bought a 21se). It came with a leanning post (which works but I would rather have a seat), VHF, Garmin plotter/depth sounder, Bimmini top (Seldom used), a seating platform forward ,115 yamaha 4 stroke, and a swim platform (which works great & has not gotten in the way of my fishing).
There is plenty of storage in the consol, and one of the stern seats. A 32quart(?) cooler fits perfectly under the leaning post and there is a cooler built in to the bow platform.
I solo this boat often and have had no problems launching or retrieving, a good pair of waders helps when the water is cool.
The boat is wet, when fishing in the cooler months I wear full foul weather gear plus a PFD when running to the fishing grounds. Once there I strip down to more comfortable fishing atire. ( I allways hook in to the emergancy cutoff when im onboard).
As for the ride Like I said before it is wet but compared to the Whaler that it replaced there is no pounding at all, I have dipped the bow when the boat was overloaded with people.
The 1801 is a great boat -but it is an 18ft boat tho it feels bigger. At times I would like a 21' CC parker, but I'm not sure I want to give up the ease of trailering and launching an 1801. Maybe I should Have one of each!

I hope this helps
RWA

Thanks... the 2004 fell through and I am getting an even nicer 2007 Parker 1801 instead. Should be picking it up later this week, cant wait to get out on the water!

Back