1801 speaker install

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stix217

Reaction score
Once the weather breaks here (hopefully in a month or so) I'd like to look into installing speakers on my 1801. Initially I was thinking of mounting them under the gunwales, but then thought that they might be better served on the console.

My question to you CC owners (particularly 1801) is where do you have your speakers mounted and why? I doubt it makes a difference but I plan on a JBL 'black box' head unit.

Thank you in advance for any info.

I put my speakers on the console facing aft and they R-O-C-K.
The amp helps as well.

Attachments

• consolejlaudio_371.jpg
    consolejlaudio_371.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 706
Just finished installing speakers and a radio on my boat. Sony Marine radio(52w x 4) with ipod plug in and (4) ma800 Poly Planer box speakers(50w). The front speaks really help out with bass being mounted up front. Great sound.

Attachments

• P1010141.JPG
    P1010141.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 507
  • P1010140.JPG
    P1010140.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 507
  • P1010139.JPG
    P1010139.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 507
nice work dude.
you will love the speakers up on the bow while casting to breaking fish or lobbing snakes into the rocks at night.

wow that looks really good...I may have to try that in lieu of the T-Top approach. Was it difficult to run the wires to the gunwale?

It was not that bad, the wires go down though the console. I ran all 4 speakers wire to the back of the boat and up the sides. If you have any more questions i can take more pics of the wiring. all and all not hard just a fair amount of time. Well worth it... SOUNDS AMAZING! Let me know if you need any more specs. I used 1/2" ss # 8 screws to mount the brackets. Also used a marine caulk b4 installing them. good luck

david

Thanks for posting the pics Tuckerman. I was going to install the Polyplanar under gunwale speakers in my 2100 until I saw your install. Went with the MA 9060's instead which is a better speaker and mounted the way you did will push the sound outward instead of downward. Going with an MP-3 player and an amp instead of a standard marine am/fm/cd radio.

All the best.

Back