• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Boat Wanted 1801 Wanted

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new to this Forum.

I recently decided it was time to retire my 1999 Sailfish 186 and move up to a "real" boat like a Parker. I live on the Western Branch of the Corrotoman River off the Rappahannock River and Chesapeake Bay in Virginia. After much research and visiting several dealers I have decided that an 1801 is the boat for me. I don't want to spend the price of a new one so I'm looking for one in the mid-2000 era with a low time Yamaha 115 4-stroke. If anybody knows of such a boat within a couple hundred miles of Lancaster, VA please let me know!

Thanks!

Hello all! I'm new to this Forum.

I recently decided it was time to retire my 1999 Sailfish 186 and move up to a "real" boat like a Parker. I live on the Western Branch of the Corrotoman River off the Rappahannock River and Chesapeake Bay in Virginia. After much research and visiting several dealers I have decided that an 1801 is the boat for me. I don't want to spend the price of a new one so I'm looking for one in the mid-2000 era with a low time Yamaha 115 4-stroke. If anybody knows of such a boat within a couple hundred miles of Lancaster, VA please let me know!

Thanks!
Hi Gill, here's one close to your wants/requirements.
https://eastnc.craigslist.org/boa/d/greenville-2000-parker-1801-center/7399479750.htmlAnd there are others posted on Craigslist, Eastern NC...
Good luck with your search....

Thanks Andy! I've actually been watching this one. It's a little older than I'm looking for and the motor has 1200 hours on it. I'm looking for something with a little lower time. I know there's one in Sumter, SC but that's a long way from me. I have a a hard time buying a boat I can't lay hands on before I commit. I'm old, this will probably be the last boat I buy. I want to make sure I can get 15 years of reliability out of it!

I'm old, this will probably be the last boat I buy. I want to make sure I can get 15 years of reliability out of it!
Not to knock the 1801, I have one and love it but I would recommend considering looking at the 21' (or 23' if its in your budget).
I'm not young but I do get beat up a bit on those iffy days.

Hey Gill,

Check out Nansemond Marine in Suffolk, VA. They routinely rebuild older Parkers to "like new" condition with new Mercury power. They rebuilt my 1990 1800 in 2018 and she is ready for another 25 years of life. I'm not sure what they have available now, but worth a look.

www.nansemondmarine.com

Cap'n Dan

Thanks guys! I will take both of your advice! Nansemond is very near!

Don't know what they do with Parkers, but I've known Gib Chapman at Nansemond Marine for decades. He is a first rate guy.

Good luck with your search. You will love this little boat. Mine is exactly what you are looking for, but it's not for sale! :>)

Hi Gill, I have an Ice Blue, 2016, 1801, 115hp with 250 hours. Give me a cal if you would like to here more about the boat.

Greg 860 424 7762

Back