1990 2310 deep vee repower options.....help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deshet1980

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a 2310 deep vee Hull tommorow. The hull alone no motor. I have found a optimax 225 but I really want a good used 4 stroke.

The boat has a cut transome no bracket. The boat does not have a hard top either?

How low can I go on horsepower. I have a Yamaha F150 but I know that won't move it well.

Any formation will be great apperciated.

I found a etec pair on ebay but I only need one motor and I done want to get stuck with 2.

I would like to spend less the $7000 on the motor.

Thanks

Before selecting a motor, check the transom to ensure it’s solid. Next, look on your specification plate and note the maximum HP. Many of the Parkers from the 90's were rated different from the new ones. Since you have a notched transom, depending on the cut out height, you may want to select your new engine at a weight no heavier than the weight of the engine on the spec plate. Four strokes are great but an extra 150 pounds sitting right on your transom may mean more water in the boat. Or better yet, call Parker and ask them what is the heaviest engine weight your boat can handle.

This time of year, you can get some amazing deals on new leftover engines. Since you mentioned Mercury, Almars in New Castle, DE is advertising some deals on factory rebuilt and leftover EFI, OPTI and 4 Strokes with 3 year warranties.

It's a pretty heavy DV boat. I wouldn't consider anything less than a 200 HP and a 225 or 250 would be a better option IMO.

I had a 225 Yamaha on mine. Now has a 250 E-TEC (2007). Don't recall the weight but the boat sits the same in the water. The 250 uses a lot less (maybe half) the gas that the 225 did, and using the fake oil (xd-100) is like wise. But I do not think you will find one used, let alone for $7000. The 2310 is rated for 300hp. From the experience using mine I would not go less than 225 hp, the boat is heavy. Traditionaly deep v's need more hp.

I probably going to go with a low hour Optimax unless I find a good deal on a big low hour four stroke.

The boat is rated for 300hp.

Prior to posting my orginial post about the boat. I had no idea how big the boat really is. This is the biggest 23' boat I have ever seen.

Thanks for the information

I run a 2310 DV and use a Yamaha 225 2S, it is a lot of boat to push and i wouldnt go less then 225. the max rating on my boat is 300HP and it is a 1999. My 225 hangs off the platform. I saw those rebuilts that are being offered in New Castle and they are nice, with 3 year warranty. The OC boat show is going to be this weekend, you may find a deal there as well. The 2310, like the other Parker's doesnt take in account the pulpit or platform in overall length. if they did it would be more of a 28er... :shock: Good luck.

I've got a 2003 2320 with a deep v and a 200 hpdi Yamaha.

My opinion: upgrade to at the 225.

I have been very lucky. I now have a deposit on a 2007 250 E-Tec lower hour motor that was in my price range. Less then 200 hours.

My question is
Is Hydraulic steering a must?

jdbic,

what size prop do you have on your boat. That is the next thing I need to figure?

Thanks

deshet1980
When I get a chance to get to where the boat is stored, I will get the info that is on the prop.
A lot of snow right now.

I also have a 1990 23dvcc I upgraded my 225 Johnson to a Etec 225...WOT on a calm morning about 44-47 M.P.H. on gps depending on the tide in the state channel. I suggest you don't go any lower than a 225. I wish i waited for the 300H.P Etec...but very pricey..It's a great motor, quiet and full of torque. I'm real happy with the Etec

the optimax's are reliable motors but HOLY CRAP are they loud.

my hpdi purrs like a kitten compared to the optimax's... If i were looking to repower my boat (albeit not a deep V, but a wider flatter hole in the water isnt to much different) i'd probably be looking at a 250 etec or so... the 225 yammy is a heavy bastard, but i'd consider it

Back