1990 Parker 1801.....Hydraulic Steering Help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman

Reaction score
Just checking in. I've had quite a few boats, the biggest a 21 Grady and most recently an 18 foot Starcraft. I like the 18 footers but needed something with a little more beef so I picked up a used 1990 1801. Not in the water yet but spending alot of time on it in the driveway. Ha. I'll have to get used to lower freeboard but I like the layout, easy to clean, simple and good access to the batteries. Just have three questions . The deadrise at transom looks to be less than the 14 degrees that the later models have, anyone know what it was on the 1990 1801's? Also, I've got the rotary teleflex steering now that might need to be replaced. Will these models accept the Baystar hydraulic systems or is it overkill? I would go with the Baystar, but according to Baystar specs, I need a 32 inch open spread at the transom notch and mine is less than that. Was wondering if any of you guys have installed hydraulic on the older models. And last, I have a 115 hp Evinrude V4 that I'm putting on this. Is it enough power to get me around without going WOT all the time? Looking to cruise at about 26 mph. Lovin' the boat, nice to have a Parker. Thanks.

Welcome aboard gman! :)

Can't help with the deadrise question or the one about the hydraulic steering, but I know who can.

Give the factory a call at 252-728-5621 and give them your HIN (hull identification number) which is located on the stbd side of the transom. The factory is very good about answering questions, especially if you tell them that ClassicParker sent you. :wink:

As for the Evinride, the 115 should be plenty for that hull. Is it one of the Ocean Pro model motors?

Hey Capt..Thanks for the reply. No, not an ocean Pro...but the same V4 60 Degree loop charged motor with OIS. It's a 1999 with 140# of compression each cyl. I went to the boat show and checked out the 115 e tecs and I love 'em. With controls and prop about $12000. Picked up my 115 for $1200. But I STILL want the e tec. Ha. Have to get over it. Thanks again for the info. Gary G.

Back