• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1997 Parker 1800

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fly_fool

Reaction score
Not selling this, but buying out my fishing buddy's 50% interest and want to be fair. I'm having trouble finding comps. Can anyone help with a rough valuation?
Boat is in good shape, but used. Motor is '97 Yamaha 2 stroke. Lots of hours, but just won't quit. Not much else on it. Pop up cleats, basic leaning post. Bottom paint. Thanks in advance.

My thought on value would be from 6-8k. Depending on condition.

For reference I sold my 1999 with a 2004 140 Suzuki new leaning post and Garmin for 9500 last fall.

1998 w 2004 Yamaha 115, sold Hilton Head SC May 2019 for $14,500. Garmin plotter/fishfinder, otherwise looks pretty basic. Included trailer.
1996 w original Yamaha 115, for sale in Sayville NY, asking $12,900. No trailer.
1997 w original Yamaha 115, for sale in Point Pleasant NJ, asking $12,500. Includes trailer.

Thanks for the responses. I did look up 1800's here before I asked, but left an important detail out of my question. The motor is a 90HP, and that makes it a little underpowered, especially with more than 2 people in it. Any thoughts on how that affects the value? Thanks again.

Parker23.5":2sjfbjcp said:
I google it I came up with the 97 boat
list price 9,111
average retail 3,680
low retail 4,200

97 90hp motor
list price 4,668
average retail 1,885
low retail 1,680

hope that helps I think I would take the two average retail prices 5,565 or list price 13,779 since you're buying out your friend

Not sure what site you looked at, but I suspect that the "list prices" you show are what the boat and outboard cost new in 1997. I looked at NADA, and the "retail" values are close to what you show. But look at what has sold, and what is for sale. NADA is way off. I don't have a dog in this fight, but this seems to be another case where the "book value" is way off. I'm an appraiser, and I put waaaay more stock in what sold and what's for sale than in book value.

As far as a 90HP, yes it's underpowered, but it's also 25 year old engine. Value is approximately nothing.... :>)

OP feel free to send me a PM if I can help you.

Back