1999 225hp Yamaha saltwater series

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the trays...I make sure to have the protective cover boots over the Hot / POS. terminal.

Is it cheaper to purchase custom made cables or make your own.

Sure it will be more expensive to make the cables....This is due to the expense of the tools. But where are you going to get a 52in cable as a example?

They only make standard lengths. 12, 24, 36, 48in.

Buy the tool or find someone who has one.

As to the main switch panel......yes all the wiring can be replaced.

Here is a color code sheet.

http://www.marinewireandcable.com/p/mar ... codes.html

Now here's a hint..... Nav lighting is Gray.....But when you get ready to hook up the 3 wires to the switch....which one is which? Port get a ring of Red tape on each end.....STB gets a ring of Red on each end.....Anchor light gets White on each end.

If your boat aloows....you can hook the Green and Red together and bring one wire back to the switch....All layouts are different.

I ordered sever times from Gregs Marine Wire for my spring projects. Their customer service was excellent and I had my orders in less than 3 days each time. I was of the same mindset of not purchasing the tools for this job but I will point out the major downside to ordering custom made is that you don't have the opportunity to shorten or lengthen obviously. Better make sure your lengths are accurate. They do supply at whatever length you need down to the inch though. All tinned and marine grade wire and connectors and heat shrink is available. I won't put a wire on my boat without heat shrink, no matter where it is located, JMO. BEP cluster switches are very cool per Warts recommendation. I'm about 3 months on mine and it performs as advertised.
https://gregsmarinewiresupply.com/index ... ommon/home

Attachments

• IMG_6741.JPG
    IMG_6741.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 237
Back