1999 Parker 2520 Mod V quote?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyi92

Reaction score
Good afternoon guys. I’m looking to purchase my first Parker . I saw a 99’ 2520, mod V, for 28k. Does that seem like like an average price? It has a Yamaha 225 2 stroke with approx 1000hrs . If anything I’m going to take off the outboard and put a new 300 4 stroke. So it’s basically like I’m buying the Hull.

Any advice is appreciated .
Thanks, Matt

Depends on the condition but seems like it could be a reasonable price. Any pictures? I have a 2520 (2006) mod V with twin 150’s and paid around 50k. Really depends on what condition it is and what comes with it. But they’re solid boats so wouldn’t be worried too much about the hull unless it has lots of holes in it and not sealed properly. And check the fuel tank out as that may be something that would eventually need replaced. Pics! Need pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggest a qualified marine surveyor to look at the boat and engine. If there are no issues with the boat and systems, engine, and electronics I'm inclined to think the price is probably fair, but with 1,000+ hours the engine is near the end of it's service life and has very little value. If the engine checks out good you may want to think about using it until you see problems begin to appear and depending on how you use it you could see a couple more years of use or more. Definitely pay attention to the gas tank that's in it because replacement is a major expense. Also, be sure to carefully check the deck for soft spots and rotten wood around the hatches as this can be a major repair expense also.

Back