2001 2530DV - Single OB Repower Shaft Length

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akholmes

Reaction score
Hello-

Repowering a 2001 2530DV from a 250 OX66 to an F300. Should I start shopping for 25" or 30" shaft lengths?

Thanks for any help

You should start by knowing what you have now as to shaft length.

shaft_length_small.gif

I should have put a little more detail into my post... I know exactly what I have now, 25”. But Parker is kind of throwing me for a loop; saying they now send single OB applications on 2520s and 30s out the door with 30” motors.

Kind of wanted to play the field and see if anyone would pipe up with having hung a 30”

That’s curious to hear. Only reason I can think of is the bracket may be higher on new models than on previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is REAL simple.

Stop overthinking it. You install the exact same length shaft that you have Now. I presume it's 25in.
because you keep talking about the "New" ['18,'19,20] year boats have a 30in shaft. And you think there is some kind of magic that your boat will preform better.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

If you've been around here long enough, then you have read the threads about raising your motor to optium height,

And you have a 25in shaft on "YOUR" boat......Now stick a 30in shaft on "YOUR" boat.

You will have a brand new motor that preforms Crappy. Why?

Because the shafts to long and you will run out of adjustment before you can get the motor high enough, causing a lot of drag.

So you will have a $20K- $25K investment and have a Slug! Oh.....and when you figure this out and say,
I need a 25in shaft.....The dealer will smile and rub their hands together.....It will be just like buying a new car and 2 months later decide you don't like it.

Obviously the ['18,'19' '20] boats have been redesigned somewhere, with a higher transom, so they need a 30in shaft.

I hope that helps you make the "Right" decision ? :)

akholmes":2dxcansm said:
Hello-

Repowering a 2001 2530DV from a 250 OX66 to an F300. Should I start shopping for 25" or 30" shaft lengths?

Thanks for any help

I can't tell from your picture but do you have a bracket on your 2530DV? I have the 2520DV w/bracket and an 250hp Ox66. I'd love to get a 300hp Yamaha 4 stroke, but was quoted $30,122 plus tax !!!!

I just repowered my 2520 DV with a 300 Suzuki! Replaced my 15 year old 250 Suzuki.

I have a 2001 2520 mod v with notch transom and It fitted with a 30" shaft 225 ox66.. 4 years ago I replaced a lower unit from sei so I know it's a definite 30". From your picture it looks like you have a notch too.

That new mercury 300 v8 is intriguing. Have you looked at that or other options ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on a bracket. StainlessMarine brand.

Can't get a whole lot of information out of Parker... only thing im getting is "we're putting 30 inch OBs on single applications, 25 inch on dual engine setups"

Back