• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2002 23' Sport Cabin Vero Beach, FL

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chunga

Reaction score
2002 Parker 2320 Pilothouse, Great condition, Yamaha F225, dealer maintained with all records, never painted. This is a serious fishing boat that will last a long time.

Full Transom, Free-standing second console, Pulpit w/roller, Delta anchor, custom radar arch. Rocket Launchers, Deck light, Hella spotlight, coaming pads, engine bracket, Lenco trim tabs, Lockable Pilothouse Door, Swim ladder, s/w washdown.

Garmin 2010C WAAS GPS/Chartplotter with 2 chart chips, Furuno FCV585 Color Finder, Raytheon Pathfinder Radar, Icom DSC VHF, Yamaha Fuel Management System, all NEMA Interfaced, Digital Antennas.

6 Type-1 Life Vests, Coast Guard Safety Package, spare prop. Roller trailer, Rule winch. Fenders, Dock lines, engine cover, Stereo/CD/MP3 player, Bose Enviromental speakers.

In response to email requests for more pictures I've added a few more.

Lost interest. $37,500 Or best reasonable offer. Principals only. No Brokers. 772-571-9757

Attachments

• reduced size.JPG
    reduced size.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,825
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,635
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,635
  • Slide2.jpg
    Slide2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,635
  • Slide21.jpg
    Slide21.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 2,635
  • Slide24.jpg
    Slide24.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 2,635
You got me Optimax....those darn Yamaha 4-strokes are so darn quiet I forgot I even had one!

My wife will be so glad when she finds out she won't have to paddle anymore.

;-)

That's a good idea Opti.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2002- ... e-94129021

As you can see I'm new to this on-line selling business....no motor...2 different prices....

Anyway, I'll take what I can get for it within reason. I just don't use it.

The boat attracts a lot of attention when I do use it. Last time I used it I gassed up and went in to pay for the gas.

When I came out half the Sebastian police force had the boat surrounded....thought I was in trouble.

They were just admiring!

The trailer is included.

Thanks, Dave

optimaxfish":1d65ykx3 said:
You might point out this is the old style 23DV cabin. It has a full divider between V-berths and pilothouse, and much more space for electronics.

Many of us believe that the 'old style' cabin and helm is superior to the 'newer design'.

You guys are truly a big help!

I appreciate it very much.

If I get over my asking price you may very well have something coming your way!

Thanks again! Dave

Happy New Year folks,

This is not a shameless attempt to get this post back to the top.

My efforts to sell the boat have been half-hearted at best. (According to my lovely wife non-existent)

As far as I'm concerned it makes a charming yard ornament and nice conversation piece.

Yesterday I did a quick pressure wash and noticed a few things worth mentioning to a prospective buyer.

I would like to make a few clarifications.

The motor actually has 754 hours and according to my GPS the boat has traveled over 7000 miles. A good number of those miles are at drift.

FWIW...the motor started with one press of the button and runs just as well as the day I bought it.

Most of the paint on the propeller has worn off.

The hull has a few scratches in the gel-coat. There are some barnacle remnants on the hull that I will try to remove today before the football games.

The horns do not work. The wind-shield wipers need to be replaced as is the case every year. The display on the Fuel Management gauge is illegible.

There is a bulb out on the spotlight.

The link on the anchor that allows removal is rusty.

The fenders on the trailer are rusty. There is some grime in the bilge.

The purpose of this message is to let everyone know before they come look at it - the boat has been used and has served us very well.

If I end up getting back into boating and not selling the boat I will not be throwing the motor in the land-fill.

I won't hesitate to take the boat far offshore in fear of it falling apart or the engine bursting into flames.

Yes, this is clearly a buyers market and I apologize if I sound sarcastic. It is a moot point but it cost me over $60,000 to put this boat together.

If you are looking for a pristine, blemish free boat I respectfully recommend inquiring about and looking at a new or at least newer boat.

While perhaps it might mean I won't sell the boat at all, I will not sell the boat for a penny less that $22,500.

I don't mean to offend anyone, spur lectures on economics, or debate the certainty of an imminent catastrophic engine failure.

Just being honest since I am growing weary of this process and have no desire to trick anyone.

If you are looking for a used Parker Sport Cabin with plenty of life left in it at a significant discount then it's worth a look.

If you are looking for a boat fresh out of the mold and a brand new engine with an extended warranty then it's not worth a look.

Simple as that...

In closing, if I've somehow implied or convinced anyone that the motor is under warranty - it is not.

Dave

OK folks...here's the deal.

I have a legitimate offer of 25K with a deposit on the way.

Since at least one other party has asked to see the boat next week, the buyer and I have an agreement that if I do not get an offer which is considerably higher, and executed in full by Monday, January 12 the boat is his.

This way, I allay my concern that I am leaving money on the table, I keep my word that I'll show the boat to the other party, and allow the buyer a fair shot at matching any offers.

I know the market is bad but I know this boat. I've been on it for all 7000 of those miles. This thing is not for yuppies and everything that's been done to it is top notch.

It will last a long time for who ever buys it.

Dave

Once the new owner "inks" the deal, get him to sign up here to follow the history of his/your boat. Also check back and let us know how you made out so we can see how the market is. Glad things seem to be working for you.

Hi HM5,

Will do.

Seems like a nice group of folks you have here on this site.

Dave

Hi Brent,

The boat is sold pending checks clearing.

Dave

All I'll say is the check didn't clear.

If the "buyer" doesn't straighten it out by Friday the boat goes back into the unsold category!

Dave

Back