2002 2320 repower question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corrosion is caused by the fact that it's in a damp enviorment and disimmler metals [alum/stainless

Rear Vent - Have you ever filled a large tank and had to fill it at a slower rate than Wide Open?

This is a venting problem. Some tanks you can fill wide open till you have to put that last 25gal in and then you have to creep that last fuel in....20/25gals is a bunch of fuel and it takes Forever.

The extra vent in the rear tied /T'd into the original vet hose makes this not happen.
Can you elaborate a little on how you set up the rear vent? My new to me 2019 2320 has slow fuel fill issues. Where do you tee the second (rear) vent line into the main (forward) vent line? I assume just above where the forward line exits the tank. My tank has two plugged elbows threaded in the rear inspection port. Could the rear vent line just be added there? Sorry if I am hijacking the OP's thread.

You are correct. I've had them done in a Hard line [3/8 alum tube] and a alum Bung and 5/8 hose.

As to using one of the fuel pickup ports [without the pickup..... That is a good possibility.

I was recently referred to guy who does numerous tank replacements and he already pulled my tank. He expects to have tank replacement completed in early February. Thereafter, I am having a leftover 2022 Suzuki 300 installed in late March or early April which fits my schedule perfectly. Even though my preference was a Yamaha, I could not justify the price difference as a recreational boat owner. I discussed my decision with my present boatyard and I will continue to support them for non-warranty service.

Last edited:
The Suzuki will be Cheaper.. Quieter ...... Than the Yamaha.
It runs a timing Chain in oil bath.... Not a Belt like Yamaha.

It's geared Lower and thus Swings a Larger diameter Prop than Yamaha.

On a 25ft Parker the Suzuki 3 X 16 Dia X 17pitch is what you will want.

I was recently referred to guy who does numerous tank replacements and he already pulled my tank. He expects to have tank replacement completed in early February. Thereafter, I am having a leftover 2022 Suzuki 300 installed in late March or early April which fits my schedule perfectly. Even though my preference was a Yamaha, I could not justify the price difference as a recreational boat owner. I discussed my decision with my present boatyard and I will continue to support them for non-warranty service.
Put on the 3-16-17 Suzuki Water Grip Propeller as recommended in post #24 and enjoy your repowered boat. I don’t claim to be a fortune teller but let’s just say a little birdie told me that after a season or two , you’re not gonna be upset with yourself for saving the extra money that you didn’t spend on your repower…

Can you share with me who is doing your tank replacement? I know I’m on borrowed time with my 2520. I’m in Mass. Thanks!

Back