2003 SPORT CABIN/YAMAHA 200 HP FUEL SENDING UNIT ISSUE ????

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JULIESFANTASY

Reaction score
ON MY PARKER PILOTHOUSE THE DIGITAL FUEL GAUGE IS FLASHING ONE BAR CONSTANTLY AND THER IS OVER 100 GALLONS OF FUEL IN BOAT.ANY UDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.IM THINKING SENDING UNIT IS BAD BUT WANT TO MAKE SURE BEFORE I TACKLE THOSE HAIRY SCREWS THANKS

The first thing I would try is to carefully remove the wires from the sending unit, and give them a good cleaning.
Your issue might just be a little corrosion on the contacts, rather than a bad sending unit.

Try doing a search here in the projects section as there have been past posts (with photos) concerning fuel sender issues.
If you do plan to replace the sender, use extreme caution! The screws are aluminum and are easily broken.

THANKS SO FAR FOR YOUR HELP.CHECKED CONNECTIONS WHERE SPLICED INTO SENDING UNIT,CHANGED THEM.YOU HAVE GREEN GROUND RUNNING TO BATTERY FROM TANK WHICH IS NOT EFFECTING GAUGE.CLEANED BLACK WIRE FROM SENDING UNIT TO GROUNDING BLOCK ON TRANSOM.STILL GAUGE IS FLASHING.STILL WAS FLASHING WHEN I CUT SENDING UNIT WIRES.VERY PERPLEXED,ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED THX

I WILL LOOK INTO THIS THANKS FOR THE TIP AND THE PLUG IS LOCATED UNDER BATTERIES

Same problem for me on the same year boat. it was my sending unit. There is a way to check them with a meter by moving the float up and down and studying the difference in measurements.

the sending unit was pretty cheap (I think 60 bucks) and fixed the issue. Was easy to replace.

FINALLY GOT INTO IT TODAY AND FOUND THAT PLUG ON STARBOARD SIDE WAS BAD.POOR DESIGN BUT IF THATS THE WORSE THING THEY DO AT PARKER,ITS OK CAUSE I LOVE MY BOAT.THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR INPUT!!!! TIMN

Latest posts

Back