2004 2120 Bulkhead steering station

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod M

Reaction score
I have rough estimates from 2 dealers for adding an Outside steering station. Both are expensive and involve Morse controls. I think I am going to tackle the project myself. I have read some of the previous posts about this. I will be going back through them and taking notes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2006 2320 model several years ago when it had a yammi on it with mechanical controls I had to put dual switching boxes on it made by seastar solutions so I could still use the single lever binnacle. But since then I repowered with a Suzuki with electric controls that makes it a much easier install

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I have ordered the bulkhead console. $350. I have looked up Seastar Solutions and think I can use the MT-3 shifters to have single stick controls at each station. I will need a DS unit for throttle and one for the gears and a station selector switch. Do I need 2 of the MT-3 units or can I leave the Yamaha 704 shifter in the cabin? I think this farm boy from SE Ohio can do this.

Yes, You can still use the original Yamaha shifter. If you see Westcoastnut on this site ask him to send you some pics he has my old setup. I believe I deleted mine

I'm moving up from a 20' Kencraft Bayrider. There is going to be a learning curve. This is my first experience with tabs. I don't see a lot of difference with them up or down so I will probably change them to 12x18s eventually. The motor (2003 Yamaha 200 2 cycle) is mounted in the 2nd of 4 holes. Move it up a hole?

I would see where the cavitation plate is when engine is on plane. It should be at water level or just a little under if it's too far down then you could raise engine up a hole. You should also check and see what that engine's max rpm rating is, if it's not reaching max rpm at full throttle prop may be a little off for that engine

I hit 41 mph at 5500 rpm, full tank and 2 people. Looked up max. rpm in the manual and it is 5500 so that looks good.

Back