• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2004 2120 value long island

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camron

Reaction score
I am thinking about moving up in size. I currently have a 2120 parker that I am thinking about selling when the weather breaks and I can get it detailed. The boat is a 2004 with 130 hours on it. The engine is a carborated 2 stroke 150 yamaha which I had the carbs gone through about a year ago. It has a 2005 loadrite roller trailer that is in nice shape but I would recommend tires if travelling far. The brakes are rusty but still function. Has a Garmin 74dv combo unit. Other than that it is basically a stock boat. I did have the bottom professionally stripped barrier coated and repainted 2 seasons ago.
What are you guys thinking a fair value is on this? Dealer offered 25k on trade in.

Attachments

• 52608.jpeg
    52608.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 111
Did you say 130 hrs on 2004 motor ,Is that a new powerhead

Honestly I do think that is a fair offer coming from a dealer. From what I can tell if you were to offer that boat for sale private party I would expect to end up with high 20s or 30K.

For a trade-in, that's a fair price I think. I've been looking at Parker 2120 and 2320s for sale in the NY area for potential purchase this fall or next spring. To me there seem to be two main drivers of price - condition and 4-stroke power. I am guessing with only 130 hours, your boat is in very good condition. On the flip side, the market has spoken and there seems to be a strong preference for 4-stroke power. Other than noise at cruise, I am not sure why, since OX66s are extremely reliable, but there it is. My take on it is that in the private market, with 300-600 hours, that's a 25-28k boat, and there is a little bit of a potential bump from the low hours. So $25k from a dealer seems like a fair price. The 2005 2120 for sale in Point Pleasant, NJ at $30k (Yamaha 4-strokes w/ 530 hours) is probably your closest comparable here in the area. My guess is the dealer thinks they can flip it for $30k in the next 45 days, so there's almost no inventory cost. I think they're probably right.

I'll also say this - that's a whole lot of great boat for $25k.

I am thinking about moving up in size. I currently have a 2120 parker that I am thinking about selling when the weather breaks and I can get it detailed. The boat is a 2004 with 130 hours on it. The engine is a carborated 2 stroke 150 yamaha which I had the carbs gone through about a year ago. It has a 2005 loadrite roller trailer that is in nice shape but I would recommend tires if travelling far. The brakes are rusty but still function. Has a Garmin 74dv combo unit. Other than that it is basically a stock boat. I did have the bottom professionally stripped barrier coated and repainted 2 seasons ago.
What are you guys thinking a fair value is on this? Dealer offered 25k on trade in.
Hi Camron, I know your question is about the $$$, but a related issue, and one that has me puzzled is a 2004 boat and motor, with only 130 hours. That's only 8 hours a year. I understand that 'average' boat use is about 100 hours/years in some parts of the country, and I know I put about 300 hours a year with our present Parker (I used to average 400+ hours with our last boat; as it takes a long time to get 'anywhere' at displacement speed!)... I was going to ask if the 130 hours stated was a misprinted 1300 hours, but I see that you already clarified that. Did the boat sit in storage for most of its life?

Last edited:
Good morning.
I own a 17’ Parker and considering an upgrade to your boat. I’m not exactly ready at the moment but believe I’ll be ready late spring or early summer. If you’d like to talk about potential timing and price, I’d be happy to discuss details over the phone.
my number: 757-724-2243.
Thanks,
Neal

Yes the boat was stored for around 6 years prior to me purchasing I have had for 3 seasons and have put around 60 of those hours on it. The boat is mainly uses to run back and forth to fire island the past few years. With a 3 year old and a 6 month old my normal 150hrs a year out fishing has been cut. My wife also gets sick in the pilot house which is another consideration for the sale.

I think that's a fair dealer trade in. Let's say you had the dealer list it for you, and you agreed to sell it for $30,000. Commission is $3k (10%), and the buyer found a couple things that you had to fix for $2k. Now you're at $25k net to you.

Now that you (and the rest of us here) know that someone will pay $25k, I'd give it a couple days and see if someone steps up with a private offer. Otherwise take the dealer's offer and find the next boat.

25k is fair in my opinion. What's better is no one to haggle with. Done deal right then and there! Plus what BradH said is true as well

Back