• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2004 F225 yamaha four stroke

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardog629

Reaction score
selling a F225 yamaha four stroke with controls, 320 hours, great shape, up grading to a 300, $8,500, ,San Diego ca. 760 801 1873

Are you unhappy with performance of the F225 on your 2320? I am looking for a used 4-stroke for mine...to this point I've been holding out for a 250 but may consider 225. With the fuel cost forecast this year...it may finally be time to get away from the carbed 200 2-stroke that just won't die.

i havnt had more than 50 gallons of fuel yet but i think if i have a full tank along with the 50 gallon bait tank i added it may be sluggish, looking at the 250 e-tec or a f300

I have the 2310 walkaround with the 225 yamaha fourstroke ,it's about the same weight as your 2320 maybe a bit more.I keep the 150 gallon tank full and usually have two other guys fishing with me.

I have been happy with the 225 and don't feel it's underpowered at all,that being said i spend most of my time at cruise and only open it up for a few minutes at the end of the day.

I have a 2320 SL with a 225 hp and top speed is 40 mph, anything faster and your taking a beating.

thank you all for your comments,,,im just concerned how it will perform with a full tank , guess ill have to try it and see,,will be saving about 12k if i can live with the F225,,,,

beardog629":1bp21ors said:
thank you all for your comments,,,im just concerned how it will perform with a full tank , guess ill have to try it and see,,will be saving about 12k if i can live with the F225,,,,

Your f225 is fine for oceans speeds most of the time, the bigger motor will buy you more top speed. Just make sure you have the right prop, I would suggest a 17p rev4 or similar. There will be days you can run faster, but are those worth 12k?

I'd be more worried about weight distribution with a center mounted 50 gal tank on an '04 2320, big tabs and/or a fin are in your future...

i have a 3 blade 15 inch 19p now and was told to go with a 4 blade,,im not concerned with top speed just getting up on plane and not dropping off,,so you say a 17p? 4 blade { 15inch?},,, conditions out here 25 knots is about my most comfortable speed, ,,, its a 50 gallon bait tank,,i added a 110 lb kicker , hoping it will counter the bait tank some,,???

That 19 is too much pitch for the ocean and your load. The Mercury Rev4 has a 14 5/8" dia, 4 blades, I run the 17" pitch rev4 on my 2320, really like its performance in the ocean, great traction and holds well at slow plane speeds (typically 18-24 mph here). On smooth water the 3 blade will get slightly better economy, but I hardly ever see calm water off the Washington coast, we see 4 ft swells and 2 ft wind chop on a typical summer day. The rev4 actually gets better economy than any 3 blade I have tried in the ocean. I am loaded heavy much of the time, 30 gallon tank, kicker, 3 guys, 150lbs ice, 30 albacore (on a good day :D ).

I have an 07 with the F225 and I'm running the same prop as you but I have a Permatrim. I plane at about 18mph and it was night and day difference with the Permatrim. When its flat out I trim the motor up and run at 25-28mph at 4000rpm. I have not messed around with the prop but the way I look at it is that when its nasty the Permatrim and tabs keep the bow down and when nicer I get more speed with the 19p prop over the 17p.

windknotnc":10bf7ega said:
Anyone put this engine on a 21'SE?

Not a 225 Yamaha 4-stroke, but one of the rescue boats in my former fire department has a 225 Merc on the back.
We have a second identical Parker 21SE rescue boat with a Yamaha 150 OX66 on it.

The 225 powered 21SE is only a couple of knots faster than the 150 powered boat, which was a surprise for some people.
Our conclusion was that sometimes more horsepower doesn't always equate to more speed on the SE hull.

web.jpg

I have a 2005 f225 on my 21 se my top speed is 44 mph on a flat day in the bay. the boat seems to be tail heavy, Im wait for a power tech 4 blade to come in the mail this week, its supposed to be a stern lifting prop, cant wait to see if it helps.

Back