2004 Parker 2520 XL fuel gauge reads full all the time....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna Kathryn

Reaction score
the yamaha fuel gauge is reading full all the time. checked the wires and they look good, took the sending unit out of the tank and moved the float up & down with no change to the reading on the gauge, it still registered full.....
please help.....

Most fuel senders operate on the principle of resistance, where EMPTY = 240 ohms, 1/2-FULL = 103 ohms, and FULL = 33 ohms. You SHOULD check with a Yam dealer before doing these tests.

See: http://ww2.tflx.com/pdf/marfue~1.pdf

To me this should be a Yam warranty issue. I know that I 'beat up' on Yam motors much more than deserved, but honestly, the reliability of their LCD gauges is TERRIBLE and the worst I have ever seen on any marine gauge.

I have one of those "un-reliable", "worst ever on a marine engine", Yamma-dog fuel guages like new in box if those dirty bazzards at Yamadog won't warranty yours. You can buy it and pay shipping or buy it and return if you don't want it. Nothing wrong, I changed to Yamaha Fuel Management (another Yamaha first).

PM me if you want it.

...is this the new, sensitive, "I feel your love" Classic Parker"?

:? :lol:

My old style fuel gauge still works, but I don't ever trust it.
I go by the 'gallons used" and "gallons remaining" on my Navman 2100.
Last time I filled up it said I'd used 103 gallons. I pumped 97 to fill her.
Accurate enough for me. :wink:

Not hard to install at all.
Cut the fuel line and install the transducer... (follow the instructions and make sure the 'ducer is oriented vertical)

Image-5C4CB30C4F5411DB.jpg

Route the transducer cable to the helm area...
Drill a hole for the gage, attach the transducer cable, and hook to power.

The supplied instructions are pretty good, and the install took me about an hour.

Needs to be installed AFTER the filter to keep crud out of the wheel ... per the manual. Also note how Kevin has it secured in place, to prevent vibrations. I also wrapped foam around mine.

Anna Kathryn":2u74ombk said:
"Megabyte" was the Navman 2100 hard to install.....

You didn't ask, but the Yamaha Fuel Management is easy to install. No new holes, perfect match. The new gas guage/FM replaces the existing Yamaha multi-purpose guage (that's why I have one left over). All wires are correct color plug and play. The transducer can screw directly into filter outlet.

Andy at SIM might still have some left over at a "sale" price. Of course, you'll still be buying a crummy Yamaha product. Rumor has it the guage is overrated, HPwise. :D

Back