• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2005 MayCraft 2550XL Pilothouse -- Sold

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Faithful

Reaction score
I am considering having a semi custom boat made and am putting out feelers in this soft market to see if I can do it.

Boat is 2005 MayCraft 2550xl Pilothouse w/225 OptiMax DTS (digital throttle and shift) w/~370hours and under warranty until 07/08 (I believe it can be extended up to 3 years. I would have to check). Motor has been perfect and run on Opti oil w/ quickleen. Most hours are spent at near idle trolling for stripers in the brackish (low salt0 Chesapeake Bay outside of annapolis.

Cruise is 27-30mph depending upon seas and low 40's at WOT. Cruise in calm water yeilds close to 3mpg with regular load.

25'6" hull length plus pulpit and bracket
142 gal fuel tank

Options include:
Smartcraft guages
full transom with Armstrong bracket and full swim platform
extended hardtop enclosure (keeps whole crew out of the weather)
fiberglass bow pulpit with roller
raw water wash down
dual batteries
Opening front windows
Garmin 3010c w/ sounder box and Mid atlantic and Chesapeake chips
Standard Horizon Matrix VHF
Quick Windlass w/ Delta fast set anchor
Merc Enertia x7 alloy prop
12 rod holders topside
Storage boxes under seats
5 star roller trailer with torsion axle and disk breaks

I had the deck gell coated with non skid last year due to slick deck form the factory..

See here for specs: http://www.maycraftboats.com/model_2550pilotxl.php

- email [email protected]

I am willing to consider any and all offers... I will just go to the custom builder with a lower offer. ;) (cannot promise anything but will give it a whirl)

trailer_130.jpg

NADA Values

Here is the NADA breakdowns for an 05 MayCraft 2550XL:

Avg retail:
boat with options is $35,595
DTS Optimax is $9,545
Trailer is $3,175
Total is $48,315

These dont include the fact that the boat has had barrier coat and bottom paint as well as the deck gell coated with non skid as the factory decks are slick.

1. trailerable without permits and with a 1/2 ton truck to follow the fish from NJ to the CBBT and beyond...
2. Adequately powered by a single for economy and cost and ease of maintenance (27-30mph burning 9-10gph at cruise in flat water)
3. Large open cockpit
4. large top for shade in the summer and encloseable for warmth in the winter
5. weather protection must be for the whole crew so no one suffers
6. stable at rest or on the slow troll yet a decent ride in the slop
7. Cabin for dry strorage, potty, nap after a long day fishing before the ride home.
8. level open deck so there are no obstructions to where someone could fall
9. Well made with 3 peice construction
10. full transom for safely drifting in the rips
11. No frills, low maintenance -- a true hose and go boat
12. classic sexy looks

Recent Photos... enclosure up to keep a whole crew out of the weather yet can be taken down to prove and open shaded area :wink:

pret2_100.jpg

pret3_722.jpg

Boat still catches fish. Fished the MSSA tournament and had 21 fish in 2 days with 3 over 40" including one 44" (that unfortunately only went 28.69lbs on the scales ).

She has a little over 410 hours now and is still under warranty. There have been no warranty claims on the boat and probably 85% or more of its hours have been spent slow trolling for stripers. OptiMax oil and quickleen have always been used and she is propped properly for efficiency and longevity. The digital throttle and shift along with the smart craft make the power a great match for fishing. Come make offers and see what a true bass fishing machine the boat is I still have the itch to have a semi-custom built by Judge Yachts

Here is the largest of the 21 fish we landed

mssa1_543.jpg

That dude has a cool hat!!!! Know where I can get one? :lol:

This is a great Chesapeake boat guys. Don't miss out. :)

This is the cruise with a 17" rev 4. 29+ at 4030 rpms burning 10.3 gph. I am more fuel efficient with the enertia prop on there now. Also the Garmin has been upgraded from the 2010c to the 3010c

Attachments

• gps.JPG
    gps.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,649
gw204":1zktzc8j said:
That dude has a cool hat!!!! Know where I can get one? :lol:

I saw a guy living under a bridge in DC that was wearing one just like that! :lol:

Just giving you a bump Greg. :wink:

Best of luck Greg; I know you must be itching, as I just got a Judge email about specials etc...

What a deal on this one though.

Latest posts

Back