2006 Parker Fuel tank

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael2004

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. I am buying a 2006 Parker 2120 Sport Cabin. Do I need to worry about the fuel tank?

First . pull deck hatches and inspect tank top and see if wood around hatches is wet. Hatches need to be sealed and replaced as needed

Leaking deck hatches is a common cause for tank foam wetness which effects the tank

Inspect fuel fill O ring is intact and not letting water in. Spares on hand

Inspect fuel and vent hoses are not bad
Check tank vent on hull is positioned so water is not entering tank

Install a Racor fuel and water filter with inspection bowl to check for water in fuel

Check the under cowling fuel filter assembly for water
Inspect fuel sender is tight and the gasket is not bad. Check a replacement gasket on hand
When replacing the gasket, look for bad spot and look for bad spots in tanks safely

Do smell gas fumes in cabin or bilge?

Brent, i just purchased a 2003 2520 and upon arrival the fuel tank was approx 3/4 full. i moved it around quite a bit and the first trip i topped off the tank and had a strong smell of gas all through the boat. i have done all you suggested here and also used a pump to recirculate from tank to fill to ensure hoses and vent were not leaking. unfortunately this boat was not taken good care of and worse has been sitting for far too long. i am afraid i have a compromised tank. i have the drawing for stringer location and am prepared for what i fear is the inevitable. would you have any other suggestions to check?

Sorry . check the fuel sender gasket. Replace and be sure screws are tight.

Contact RDS with the tank serial number and fuel capacity for a tank drawing. They might have stringer drawing, too

Read Warthog’s posts on the fuel tank installation.

Ask RDS to epoxy coat the tank. Since many of us use external Racor fuel and water filter, I see no reason why the fuel pickup can’t be long to gain more usable fuel capacity. Ask RDS for help. Maybe add tee fitting or mesh pickup at the end of pickup tube. Ask them why a nylon tube is used instead of aluminum .

Look at usingbArmstrong deck hatches which are better design in the cockpit and bracket.

Post pics, too

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back