2007 Parker 2510 XLD - Hull to deck joint leak?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hard Core

Reaction score
I took my Parker 'surfing' a couple weeks ago out of the Columbia River bar. I felt very comfortable in the boat powering up 10 foot rollers, then pulling the power back, and free falling (lose you stomach kind of stuff) into the face of the next roller. Of course, my passenger from Southern California was white knuckled thinking 'what the hell are we doing'.

Anyways, it was nasty weather out there and after the bar crossing I had her trimmed down right into the slop just pounding threw it as hard as I could (20 knots). After running about 8 miles straight into it, I noticed about 3 areas in the carpet in the cabin where water appeared to be slowly drizzling in between the hull and deck joint (wet strips in the carpet).

Is this possible that the hull to deck joint is not 100%? I hate to complain to the factory given what I know they go through to ensure a solid connection, but I really think they may have missed some areas on the sealant job. Bigger problem is I'm worried how you would even repair this, I obviously don't want to crack the boat apart.

Any ideas? Anyone seen this before? I'm wracking my brain to think of what else it could be, but this water was nowhere near the port windows or hatch, or any other legitimate point of entry.

Regards,
Barnes

had the same problem in not so nice weather coming back from offshore. I had the dealer recheck everything and recaulk. Could be the Rubrail entry points. If you look up under the ridge you will see some exposed screws. I recauled all of them even after the dealer checked out the boat. Seems fine now.

Hay, had the same problem on my 89' 25 parker PH. I resealed the rub rail area with some high quailty caulking and also sealed the area where the pilothouse attaches to the foredeck. No problems since, however haven't had mine in really rough seas since, I'll let you know if I have any problems.... Captn. Rob.

Back