• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2012 Parker 2320 For sale

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MONZI

Reaction score
Needs power head.
Any interest?
Dual helm, auto pilot, radar, new 10 inch garmin chart plotter.
John 607 972 9617

Attachments

• 20210129_065637.jpg
    20210129_065637.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2560.jpg
    IMG_2560.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 20210404_103938.jpg
    20210404_103938.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 195
Can you tell us what happened to your F300 that it requires a new powerhead?

I only ask because many of us own that same motor on that same hull ( and other hulls).

Someone will scoop that Hull / trailer up from you in a heartbeat.

Hello, I will report as soon as I know more, If someone has any questions they can reach me by phone. Check your oil, if it is gaining stop.
John

Thank you, the boat is not available for sale.

Can you tell us what happened to your F300 that it requires a new powerhead?

I only ask because many of us own that same motor on that same hull ( and other hulls).

Someone will scoop that Hull / trailer up from you in a heartbeat.
My 2010 F250 Yamaha with about 1200 hours in 2014 had the top crankshaft bearing fail. It hollowed out the cylinders requiring a new power head and associated parts. It was under factory warranty, still cost me about $1200 and 3 months to repair. Yamaha says it does not happen very often But it Happens. A yamaha tech told me years later a oil passage to the bearing can sometimes plug starving the bearing for oil. The engine was serviced every 100 hours.

My engine gained oil, fuel got in there and damaged something that put metal in the oil. I am having the power head replaced. When they do the work I hope they can tell me why. The engine also has 1200 hours I am not the original owner I purchased it at 950 hours so I don't know If it was broken in properly The previous records showed annual service approximately every 100 hours. I have been told a lot of reasons for the failure. Too high of octane fuel I run rec 90. Engine not broken in properly I don't know. Poor maintenance , in the 250 hours I've run it I did three services. Some kind of fuel injector problem, wait for the report from the mechanic. Excessive trolling, guilty of that .
I will update with what the mechanic tells me.
Thank you
John

Excessive trolling, guilty of that .

Probably the #1 reason. Engines aren't run and build carbon. Funny thing about 4-strokes, they were supposed to be a better trolling engine than 2-strokes due to 2Ss should be run and run hard. Never heard of 2Ss fouling out due to lots of low engine rpms, but 4Ss sure do. Same with the days of wood boats I grew up in. Glass boats were supposed to live forever, waterproof, everyone said. Turned out to be another falsehood. The glass lasts, but not the encapsulated wood as glass still absorbed water.

Back