2012 Yamaha F250XCA question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12Parker2320

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I probably should have posted this in another category but thought it might get more views here. I did all the maintenance on my motor today, oil, filters, plugs, and impeller. I am quite sure I got the new impeller in correctly spinning the shaft clockwise, etc. my question is when I hooked up the ears, taped off vents and even hooked up water to the pick line I was only getting a dribble out of my tell tale. When in gear and throttled up I got a little better but not the stream I was thinking. I was getting plenty of flow out the prop and am wondering if there was just not enough pressure off the hose to get a better tell tale. I did have water pushing through the duct tape over the vents and thought I was losing some pressure there and or letting air in. Not my first Yamaha but it’s my first 4.2 and obviously I am learning as I go. I haven’t dunked it to see if that will improve my tell tale and wondering if I should drop the lower unit again and double check my work or is this normal for running the motor of the hose?

I have a 4.2L 300 and have the same issue when running it on muffs. It seems to be normal situation with the 4.2 platform. Search on the hulltruth and you will see it is a common question.

I have a 4.2L 300 and have the same issue when running it on muffs. It seems to be normal situation with the 4.2 platform. Search on the hulltruth and you will see it is a common question.
Thank you that gives me some relief. The only other Yamaha I’ve had was a 2010 f150 on my North River and the tell tale was always strong. I will search it on HT thanks again

Andy

I have a 2013 F250xca 4.2 L and it is common to have very little water out of the tell-tale when running on muffs. Maybe just spurts or a very weak stream.

If I have two hoses available, I use one on the muffs and one on the engine rinse hose. That provides more water.

In no instance does the motor run hot at idle even when running for 5 or 10 minutes.

I have a 2013 F250xca 4.2 L and it is common to have very little water out of the tell-tale when running on muffs. Maybe just spurts or a very weak stream.

If I have two hoses available, I use one on the muffs and one on the engine rinse hose. That provides more water.

In no instance does the motor run hot at idle even when running for 5 or 10 minutes.
Ya I did the same. Had the muffs, taped the vents and had water on the pick line too but it basically just dribbled. I talked to a Yamaha tech and he confirmed it’s common with the 4.2. Like you said I didn’t have any changes in temp or the alarm. Thanks for the response

Thats common, you'll even notice on some yamahas with dual pick ups at idle a very weak pisser. Once you get moving though the tell tale should be strong

Back