2015 Parker 21 SE question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedfish

Reaction score
Does anyone have or have been on the new Parker 21Se with the redesign transom that has the two jump seats and splash well? If you have, what do you think of it? How is the room behind the live well and the jump seats? Just looking at the factory pictures I like the new design a lot.

Thanks

Im curious about this too. I havent been on one, but the wife was talking about how much she likes the new stern seating. I am curious about how much room you loose behind the leaning post.

I have a 15 SE. Honestly this was a huge factor to get over prior to the sale. I even asked the dealer to contact the factory and remove it. First thing I did when I took delivery of the boat was remove the bottom cushions. Its a half way decent casting platform. The room behind the seat is tight but doable. It's dry as a bone. I really haven't used the storage aspect of the boxes yet. I think I could of lived without the change or at least have it been an option.

I like the new forward platform storage. That was a big issue for me on my 13. Mine barely has any storage there, and you have to completely remove the cushion to access it. I was hoping to be able to rig a trolling motor and use that for battery storage. I had even asked if they could do something similar to the Big Bay. The new one looks much better! Glad to see that they listen to customer input.

Got a chance to stand on a 2016 with the redesigned transom, boat also had the new leaning post with the rocket launchers. not enough space at my height 6'5" to walk across the back with poles in the rocket launchers. I do like the added storage with the batteries relocated to the bilge. Searched high and low and found a 2014 leftover with the old style transom and bought it.

I have a 2015 21SE as you described. I love the rear casting platform and storage it provides, but it can be a bit tight walking behind the live well. As in every boat, there are compromises, but I would not change a thing.

I have the new pedestal seats but are not 100% sold on them. They take up a lot of room. I might look to build a leaning post to go on top of the seat pedestals, and swap the seats/post depending on who I take.

Seats are very comfortable, just bulky.

Hope this helps!

I just purchased the 21se 2016.The difference between the 2015 and 2016 backrests for the stern jump seats is the the 2015 are fixed.They do not come out.The 2016 models are removable.Like a head rest on a car or truck.Dont have to worry about the blood.Easy to put back in if needed.If only they made the backrest removeable that is attached to the front of the center console above the cooler seating.That is the only cushion that is fixed in the 2016 model.

Attachments

• IMG_2610.jpg
    IMG_2610.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 296
Back