2021 1801 Parker with Yamaha 150 fxb

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarkbateman

Reaction score
I have just ordered a new 1801 with a Yamaha 150 , with Bennet trim tabs. No t top or bottom paint. How fast can I expect it to run on calm water , 1 man , light fuel weight , ideal situation ???

I have a 2018 with a 115 and it tops out at 40mph with full fuel, 2 adults and normal fishing gear....no trim tabs. At that speed it likes to porpoise when hitting a small wake. Very seldomly run it at that speed....usually cruising around 30mph. Good luck with the new boat!

Have a 2020 with the 150, 3 batteries in the console, bow mount trolling motor and tabs. Can do 42ish. Definitely not a dog.

I just ordered a 1801cc and wanting to install the following
Trolling Motor
Monn Kota Riptide Terrova bow mount
Precision Battery Charger
Micro Remote (included ?)
Minn Kota Circuit Breaker
Minn Kota alternator
Quick Release Bracket

I am looking a the 60” shaft and 80lbs thrust trolling motor. Is this shaft and thrust enough for the 1801cc? I was trying to keep the battery count down.

Trolling Motor
Minn Kota alternator
Quick Release Bracket

I am looking a the 60” shaft and 80lbs thrust trolling motor. Is this shaft and thrust enough for the 1801cc? I was trying to keep the battery count down.
I don’t know yet , might want to repost this as a. New thread , will get more responses I think

The 60" shaft and the 80;bs trust should be plenty for the 1801. I put a 60"/80lbs Ulterra on a Pioneer 180 and it was plenty of thrust and plenty of length on the shaft. On that boat, it seemed almost an overkill. Hell, in terms of the shaft, my dealership and Minn Kota both recommend the 72 in. shaft for a 2300, so you should be fine.

The 60" shaft and the 80;bs trust should be plenty for the 1801. I put a 60"/80lbs Ulterra on a Pioneer 180 and it was plenty of thrust and plenty of length on the shaft. On that boat, it seemed almost an overkill. Hell, in terms of the shaft, my dealership and Minn Kota both recommend the 72 in. shaft for a 2300, so you should be fine.
Thanks!

Trolling Motor
Minn Kota alternator
Quick Release Bracket

I have a 2018 1801 with a Motorguide 60 inch 80lb trolling motor. It is perfect for the 1801. Just be sure to install it so your anchor locker is usable when TM is deployed or stowed....use a template to determine mounting spot/angle since the error margin is extremely small. Good Luck!

I have a 2018 1801 with a Motorguide 60 inch 80lb trolling motor. It is perfect for the 1801. Just be sure to install it so your anchor locker is usable when TM is deployed or stowed....use a template to determine mounting spot/angle since the error margin is extremely small. Good Luck!
Thanks for the info!

I have a 2015 1801. In November 2017 I installed a MinnKota Ulterra 80# 60" 24 V trolling motor. It has done everything I expected. I fish in a river with currents up to about 4 MPH. Never had any trouble fighting the current or holding a position with SpotLock. The 60" shaft has been plenty long but I don't deal with waves of any size.

If at all possible put the batteries in the console. Mine are in the port stern seat. I also put the TM on the port side. Not good. Should be on opposite sides to balance. I may move my batteries.

I have a 2015 1801. In November 2017 I installed a MinnKota Ulterra 80# 60" 24 V trolling motor. It has done everything I expected. I fish in a river with currents up to about 4 MPH. Never had any trouble fighting the current or holding a position with SpotLock. The 60" shaft has been plenty long but I don't deal with waves of any size.

If at all possible put the batteries in the console. Mine are in the port stern seat. I also put the TM on the port side. Not good. Should be on opposite sides to balance. I may move my batteries.
Thanks Steve for the great info. I am going to start this conversation in a new thread and ask a couple more questions. Thanks again.

Back