2022 New style pilothouse windows?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M.5trollo

Reaction score
I have a 2320 on order that is finally making it's way to the production line next week. I've seen some new pilothouse models being delivered recently with new style port, starboard and aft pilothouse windows installed. I understand Parker had some sourcing issues for a while and opted to deliver boats without windows for a short time. Now they have switched vendors to complete window installation at the factory and avoid shipping without windows.

I'm wondering who has taken delivery with these new windows and what are your thoughts. I've owned a Parker with the older style windows and I never had any issues. I've also seen some photos and honestly the interior fit and finish has me a little concerned. These new windows are giving me a little bit of cause for concern that I wasn't really expecting at the time of ordering.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I have a 2320 on order that is finally making it's way to the production line next week. I've seen some new pilothouse models being delivered recently with new style port, starboard and aft pilothouse windows installed. I understand Parker had some sourcing issues for a while and opted to deliver boats without windows for a short time. Now they have switched vendors to complete window installation at the factory and avoid shipping without windows.

I'm wondering who has taken delivery with these new windows and what are your thoughts. I've owned a Parker with the older style windows and I never had any issues. I've also seen some photos and honestly the interior fit and finish has me a little concerned. These new windows are giving me a little bit of cause for concern that I wasn't really expecting at the time of ordering.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Imho, the Diamond Seaglaze boat windows, like we have on the front of many of our Parker pilothouse's are of high quality, and Diamond Seaglaze (again, imho) has good customer service. I've contacted and purchased items from them over the years, (for example, the 'door-dogs' that I installed on our warped 'Starboard' pilothouse door, to 'un-warp' the door, when it's closed up and sealed for hurricanes; I have a couple Youtube videos about that). (The only issue with DS, was getting the products from Canada, into the USA; that was a 'challenge'!)...
I have a friend who custom-built a 40' 1.2 million dollar boat, and used Diamond Seaglaze windows; again, high quality, and he too had good service from Diamond Seaglaze.....
But, I've had a couple 'issues' with the Taylor Made side windows on our 2013/2014 Parker 2520. I've posted a couple Youtube videos about the 'situation' ... The 'customer-service' people (one lady in particular) at Taylor Made picked the wrong career ☺; I could not even get her to admit that our Parker side windows were their Taylor Made windows, even after sending her photographs of the Taylor Made 'etching'/logo in the bottom right side of their window... It was almost comical;.... almost..... The purpose of this minor rant is, I hope the new windows that Parker is installing are from a company with at least average-to-good customer service.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back